HTC One Getting Really Warm

brandy919r

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I JUST left the store & mine is doing the same thing (getting warm). I figure it's because it's downloading a ton of updates & configuring itself. I got worried too but all the CPU usage makes sense.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I JUST left the store & mine is doing the same thing (getting warm). I figure it's because it's downloading a ton of updates & configuring itself. I got worried too but all the CPU usage makes sense.

Yeah, that will make it get warm. It's normal. It's only not normal when you smell flesh burning when holding it.

akk60

May 5, 2013
Visit site
The phone gets hot because it's made of aluminum, that conducts heat very fast and it spreads around the back fast, even if it originated in a specific spot. My brother's S4 gets pretty hot only from the top above the camera, but the heat doesn't spread around the whole phone because it's made from polycarbonate (plastic) which doesn't conduct heat like metal.
All phones get hot, but it's more noticeable when the whole thing gets warm. It's a tax we have to pay for that beautiful body.

Posted from my HTC one via Android Central App

Pankaj Agrawal

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Yup, i have the same phone and i guess it happns usually two times, one when u apply other company mobile charger or wheneva u chat in low network area with mobile data.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
HTC One is known for that. I read an article which tested how hot devices on the market nowadays got and it was the hottest, reaching levels of over 50 degrees!

secoo

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Recently I've got a situation... I've been driving the car with the Google Maps Navigation on and phone connected to a car charger. The battery has been charged before I used it and after one hour of driving it got so hot that I couldn't even touch it and amber LED was flashing instead of being solid.... Phone was not charging and a battery was getting low quickly... Before I had HTC Desire HD and I've never had a problem with a navigation and getting hot because of using that...I kniw it gets hot when I use it heavily... But it gets too hot and propably because of that it doesn't charge...

Brenda Gallay

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
my HTC One get's hot on my ear speicil when i talk on it and it beep to and cuts people off as well and it does get warm when i play games on it to plus i have charge it all time to it don't have a long battle on it my wi fi sucks on it to the camra sucks to on it as well

Belhade

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I use the Battery Monitor too, and my One hits 40c (the default warning level) fairly often. mostly in the car, when it's charging and sitting out in the sun. During the heatwave we had a month ago or so, I had to use the a/c (which I almost never turn on) just for the phone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis