Initial Thoughts on HTC one

GazKane

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Love the design and the screen looks amazing, really happy with the phone, my last phone was an iphone 4 which was getting a bit slow and I was getting bored with IOS. Android seems a lot more flexible and has advanced features. The phone is so fast, everything happens instantly. I'm still getting used to android but hopefully a week or so ill pick it up. I really like google now and how it reviews your calendar and gives you details on how to get there and how long it will take with traffic.

Couple of issues im having:

1. the power charger (usb) seems difficult to get in and out, and is beginning to leave marks where it touches the phone to connect to it. No biggie.
2. Power button required to wake up the phone, would rather they let you wake it using volume or one of the softkeys.
3. Ive changed my home screen from blinkfeed to the normal screen, most of the time when pressing the home key it goes there, but on occasion it goes to the blinkfeed screen
4. Mail does not fit to screen like on iphone, quite annoying having to go portrait. Pinching to zoom in/out doesnt work either in the mail client.
5. Cant tap phone numbers on webpages to call them, well I say that, sometimes it works (like in a google search) but on other websites it doesnt.
6. On occasion the weather app (at top of blinkfeed) doesnt know where I am and just says "Current Location" rather than where I actually am (although sometimes it works). It also displays an error about being unable to determine my location, but all location services are on and its authorized to use them.

Ill certainly be keeping the phone though, massive improvement for me.

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Couple of issues im having:
2. Power button required to wake up the phone, would rather they let you wake it using volume or one of the softkeys.
Assuming you are able to "root" sometime soon, this will probably be an option - at least it is on a rooted DNA

4. Mail does not fit to screen like on iphone, quite annoying having to go portrait. Pinching to zoom in/out doesnt work either in the mail client.
If you are using the "gmail" app, there is an option in settings to have it shrink to fit. Not sure about the "mail" app, but you might check.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance