03-22-2016 08:48 AM
806 12345 ...
tools
    I feel like my battery isnt lasting as long as any of yours.. Now the phone is still new, and i am using it more then i normally wouuld, but for the past 2 nights i have had to top off at around 730 to insure i would make it through the rest of the night, and my evo 3D battery was going out on me and still lasted longer. I would say ive been doing MODERATELY heavy use i ve been using the IR remote, facebook, internet a bit, blinkfeed, and been playing a few tunes but overall i dont feel like im using the phone that much. No real texting lately either. Does this sound like a defect in my battery or does it seem reasonable to you? I lasted 10 hrs on a charge yesterday and i cant say i was using my phone THAT much

And allso i use wifi 90% of the time im rarely at a place where i would use mobile data, except in my car and i keep data off in my car now for driving safety unless i need navigation
    04-22-2013 12:20 PM
    Overall, i am 31% battery life after 6 hours since last charge. Running wifi, bluetooth, medium-heavy usage of email/txt and a few zoe videos. I get a bunch of push email each day so wonder if that eats into the battery, but so far it seems that my iphone 5 has done better. Early days though, so not passing judgement yet hehe.

Anyone try: Snapdragon BatteryGuru App yet?

I downloaded it last night after reading a bunch of positive reviews, its still in the "learning" phase but i am looking forward to seeing if it can really boost my battery.
    04-22-2013 12:58 PM
    I hope so.

It would be a crime for htc to do that to someone.

Hope all works out for you

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Get a life.
    popularbelief likes this.
    04-22-2013 01:23 PM
    Overall, i am 31% battery life after 6 hours since last charge. Running wifi, bluetooth, medium-heavy usage of email/txt and a few zoe videos. I get a bunch of push email each day so wonder if that eats into the battery, but so far it seems that my iphone 5 has done better. Early days though, so not passing judgement yet hehe.

Anyone try: Snapdragon BatteryGuru App yet?

I downloaded it last night after reading a bunch of positive reviews, its still in the "learning" phase but i am looking forward to seeing if it can really boost my battery.
    I'd be interested to know if this helped your battery any?

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    04-22-2013 02:44 PM
    At 72%. Off charger since 8am. Power Saving Mode since 1pm. Decent internet, messaging, and Reddit usage, as well as showing over Zoe and a few videos.
    04-22-2013 02:46 PM
    Bought phone Saturday Morning. Turned on and set up with 37% already on phone. Let if run down and by bed time it had shut off. Plugged in and let it charge overnight. Sunday took it off charger (not sure what time but it was around 8 ish lets say 8:30am. Used it moderately, both email (work and personal ) as well as gmail acct only never pushed mailed as it came, set it to never. Used 3g and 4g if it was in area, did camera shots for a ceremony for my brother, a few phone calls, youtube vids, pandora for a couple hours as i was relaxing outside. Now by midnight i had 16 % left. So i just turn screen off went to bed and woke up. was now at 15%. Drove to work and After a bit at work the screen read 13% so i took a screen shot. Here is my battery life

antw081 likes this.
    04-22-2013 03:37 PM
    This battery life sounds fine; it isn't unusual for me to see my galaxy S3 go from 100% at 7.30am to flat by 3pm.
    04-22-2013 04:40 PM
    This battery life sounds fine; it isn't unusual for me to see my galaxy S3 go from 100% at 7.30am to flat by 3pm.
    Yea, I started to hate that S3 I had. Battery was easily in the 30's by 2pm after taking it off charger by 7am. It sucked.

This one has same usage as my S3 and right now I'm sitting at 50% and it's 5pm.
    04-22-2013 04:58 PM
    been unplugged for 8 hours and im down to 53%. wifi was on and the phone was on silent the entire time. the screen was on for less than an hour and i used the phone very sparingly. id probably be running on empty by now if i actually used the phone in the past 8 hours. power saving mode was off and sleep mode was on.
    04-22-2013 07:03 PM
    I took my phone off the charger at 6:30 am this morning, worked all day, but used it heavy. Emails, texts, phone calls, surfed, downloaded a few apps, setup Llama settings, did a heck of a lot and down to 29% 12 hours and 10 minutes later. Humm, running a quad core PC in my pocket, not too shabby at all.
    Xsie and antw081 like this.
    04-22-2013 07:10 PM
    Here are 2 day samples. I tried my best to not use Wi-Fi at all. At no point was the Power Saver mode enabled. The data connections were about 80% 3G and 20% 4GLTE...on Sprints oh so wonderful network. For usage, I streamed video, used the camera, audio playback through the front speakers, BlinkFeed, phone calls, web browsing, Google+, etc. I can say that my EVO4GLTE would have gave up the ghost, long before the One would have. I can't wait for HTC's next update to come out. As was the case with the EVO4GLTE, performance was increased along with battery life.
    Attached Thumbnails HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion-screenshot_2013-04-21-22-16-32.png   HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion-screenshot_2013-04-22-20-05-56.png  
    antw081 and GadgetGator like this.
    04-22-2013 07:30 PM
    04-22-2013 07:45 PM
    I traded my Note II in for the HTC One and couldn't be happier, its quicker, has better colors, the front speakers are what all phones should come with and they sound great, and not to mention the size is just right. I very seldom used the stylus on the not or the duel screens so again the HTC One was a no brainer for me.

Sorry for the double post, I forgot to reply with quote.
    04-22-2013 07:59 PM
    Anyone switching from a note 2 I would like to know how much a difference these two are. I know its not fair but just curious
    I traded my Note II in for the HTC One and couldn't be happier, its quicker, has better colors, the front speakers are what all phones should come with and they sound great, and not to mention the size is just right. I very seldom used the stylus on the not or the duel screens so again the HTC One was a no brainer for me.
    04-22-2013 08:05 PM
    Sweet!

HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion-uploadfromtaptalk1366684157118.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    04-22-2013 09:29 PM
    Here's what I got today. Had Spotify playing for probably nine hours at work. All of it was stored locally on my phone though. Also periodically checked Facebook/twitter. Brightness was set to low most of the day since I was indoors. This evening I used it much more heavily. Overall very impressed. I think I'll go one more day with this type of usage and then go a day on power saver mode just to see what kind of impact it makes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    04-22-2013 09:45 PM
    How's the battery life compared to the note 2 a big difference or just a little? Thanks
    Photon4glover likes this.
    04-22-2013 10:08 PM
    I am pretty happy... almost 13 hours and still have 74% of my battery left. My Evo 3D would deplete to 50% just sitting at my desk towards the end of my work day

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-23-2013 12:42 AM
    So is everyone in agreement that you shouldn't charge until in the red? On my HTC Inspire I just traded in, I usually always plugged it in overnight, then didn't need to plug it back in until the next night - BUT it got much worse in last couple-3 months or so on the 18-month-old phone - it would charge fast BUT it would drain fast to. For most of that time I was using a beta of Zimbra's Android app for corporate e-mail, and it was syncing ALL the time. But I'm a light user - a few pix now and then, mostly I do lots of news apps.And now, BlinkFeed reading and updates (love that thing). I worry about the last, oh, 6-8 months of the 20 months between phones. If I plug it in each night as I used to, will I be screwed? Without a landline any more, I can't take too many chances;-
    04-23-2013 01:36 AM
    With the one i am doing things diff than the crappy evo 3d i had. i charge it at my desk at work at 7am ... takes maybe a hour or 2... so lets say 9am... tale it off and use it all day ... usually by midnight im in the 30 % to 20 % i than just leave it alone... no charging data off and screen off and go to bed. wake up and go to work and at work when i notice its down to bout 10 % or less thats when i charge
    been good and trying not to over charge
    04-23-2013 09:40 AM
    Battery life seems to work well for me last all day until I'm ready to charge it at the end of the day so far no issues.
    04-23-2013 09:43 AM
    I'm getting 14hrs-ish of continuous use. Showing it off to friends, surfing the web, fb, listening to music, YouTube, and such. Really happy with the battery life!

HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion-uploadfromtaptalk1366728485588.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums
    04-23-2013 09:48 AM
    So even the latest batteries still can be 'overcharged' and thus suffer in the long run? Guy at Batteries Plus Bulbs in town here said he recommends letting phones drain to turn-off point once a month. But someone else here says that's a baaad idea for a non-swappable battery phone. Any other input/advice?
    04-23-2013 11:01 AM
    So even the latest batteries still can be 'overcharged' and thus suffer in the long run? Guy at Batteries Plus Bulbs in town here said he recommends letting phones drain to turn-off point once a month. But someone else here says that's a baaad idea for a non-swappable battery phone. Any other input/advice?

Use your new phone and enjoy it. Don't give this stuff so much though. You will be swapping it out for the HTC two long before any of this stuff is going to matter.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    04-23-2013 11:08 AM
    Happy with the first day on a full charge. I have wifi, bluetooth NFC on all day. 3 Gmail accounts syncing, blink feed off weather widget syncs every 3 hours with location about on hour and a half of podcasts and music streaming through bluetooth some Web browsing and 2.5 hours of phone calls and over 2 hours of screen on time. Should get better in the next couple of days. Attachment 65472

Sent from my HTC One
    I noticed that beneath your battery usage graph it says "Average battery life 7h 17m"
    Does that mean you'll be averaging 7hours of battery life per day?
    04-23-2013 11:48 AM
806 12345 ...