HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

DragonXmaster

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
With 2 days of use, im loving mine :)

STBY battery was great, 12h and 30min for only 2% of usage!

All stock (No wifi and only GSM)

2uejns5.png

Bluesparks

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I've had the HTC One on Sprint for roughly two months. Ever since June 20th, my battery has fluctuated a numerous amount of times. For example, when I went to Warped Tour, I arrived at the venue with 80 percent battery and I barely used after I got there. I took a few photos, had battery saver on, and turned data off most of the time. It died six hours after being barely used, with no apps in the background, and data off for the most part. In addition to that, It sometimes vibrates randomly. Can someone please help me/tell me what to do with this awesome flagship phone? I would post battery info from GSam and the power section, but it's charging so it wouldn't be entirely accurate. Also, I have used GSam, Juice Defender, BatteryGuru, and Battery Doctor in the past, and none of them really helped, in some cases, even made the battery life even worse. (One last thing, my average battery life with power saver, 30 percent brightness, and medium usage, and wi-fi is like six/seven hours :/)

Venuk123

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is pretty awesome normally about a day and a half with 4 hours of screen time with moderate usage :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

mpanju7

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey MoshuXXL,

Do you have any stats for before you pushed the 4.2.2 OTA update? 3 hours of screen on time over 30 hours seems pretty solid in my book!

MoshuXXL

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Well it's almost half of what the guys @xda with custom roms get. That seems to be the only way you can significantly improve battery life. The rest (battery saving apps or disabling things) it's crap.

mpanju7

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Well it's almost half of what the guys @xda with custom roms get. That seems to be the only way you can significantly improve battery life. The rest (battery saving apps or disabling things) it's crap.

Yeah those folks over @ XDA have crazy stats but they really do some crazy modding such as underclocking the SoCs. Plus many of them set the screen brightness at the bare minimum and use apps like Lux to really tweak the brightness settings. Then you have custom kernels like "elemental" and "bulletproof" that really churn out some incredible battery savings. Personally, I am hesitant to root as I do not fully understand it and it's not intuitive for me even though I know that there are great videos by XDA folks that detail every step. Additionally, I do not want to set my screen settings so low that I cannot enjoy the incredible display of the One. I am satisfied with getting a full day's worth of battery out of my smartphone, I think that we tend to forget that these are phones after all and that we probably spend way too much time on these devices then we should, I mean 6 hours of screen on time in a single day is kinda going overboard!
Finally, I agree with you that most of the battery saving apps are crap, I even had to uninstall BatteryGuru as it was causing wakelocks and turning on my Wi-Fi when I did not want it to!

Pra P

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Thanks for the reply. I installed FB just to port the pictures of contacts into the phone. I have kept the sync off, and I hope I will never see a picture from a contact's gallery appearing on my phone.

Does anyone use battery saving apps, I see some senior users still swearing by the apps like juicedefender (which I have installed now). Others saying that JD has not been updated for over couple years (is that even possible ?) and hence irrelevant to 4.1 and above systems. Can someone shed light? I think the power save mode on HTC one is good in itself and I do find JD messing with it (turning on my mobile data even though I have explicitly turned it off on my phone). But I will give the app 3-4 days and take it from there.

Also most people here show (off!) the on screen times, I wonder how much people get in terms of screen time + phone calling time. I get 2.5 hours of screen + 2 hours of talk time within 15 hour period (by which time battery is at 20-25% and goes on charger. Anyone else has similar stats ?

I have personally found the facebook app uses a bit of battery in the background, even without opening it. I have deleted the app and now use Facebook through the web browser (I use boat browser). GSam is a good app, I also use BetterBatteryStats which is good for finding the wakelocks that keep the phone awake, as well as Wakelock Detector which gives you a good idea of which app is the trouble app. I've found 4+ hour on screen time is where you want to be (obviously changes with brightness etc.)

jsp85

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Can someone help me to determine my One's battery performance? Today I went 17.5 hours with 7 hours of them in sleep mode. At the end of the day, it was on 14%. FYI, I got my phone last Saturday. Is it true that the battery needs some time to settle and I can only judge its performance after some days (or weeks?) of use?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2013-08-07 20.15.30.jpg
    2013-08-07 20.15.30.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 2013-08-07 20.17.53.jpg
    2013-08-07 20.17.53.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 2013-08-07 20.18.12.jpg
    2013-08-07 20.18.12.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 2013-08-07 20.18.33.jpg
    2013-08-07 20.18.33.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 59

ses2017

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I am presently at 14hrs on battery with 20% left. I run stock, with the battery saver that came with the device, and running Snapdragon guru. I do have wifi, but am a heavy user, constant notifications from woot, gmail, gwmail, and couple others. I also use auto brightness. Guru does a good job learning my habits and making adjustments. I do have a mophie pak, but usually keep it in the car just in case. Btw, I use clean sweep set to auto kill when the screen comes on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

jsp85

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
That's great battery life mate. You have 3 hours 45 minutes screen on time. I can't get more than 3 hours.

Thanks for answering. I tend to agree with you. However, seeing other stats, I hope it can be better after some time, which is my second question: Is it true that the battery needs some time to settle and I can only judge its performance after some days (or weeks?) of use?

I used my phone to play games, youtube for 2 hours and it went down to 70% (with brightness 50%). Is this something you can expect?

Thanks!

Pra P

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
To jsp85

That seems like the battery life in terms o screen time most people get (few do have numbers in 5-7 hours but those must be heavily modified devices). My one question is, did you get 3.5 hours watching youtube/ playing intensive games or just surfing/ fiddling with phone ? If former you have no need to worry. (Source: combing through these forums extensively)

Secondly do you have FB installed and been used, if so can you check the number of wakelocks you are getting from GSam drop down menu ?

Thanks.

jsp85

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
To jsp85

That seems like the battery life in terms o screen time most people get (few do have numbers in 5-7 hours but those must be heavily modified devices). My one question is, did you get 3.5 hours watching youtube/ playing intensive games or just surfing/ fiddling with phone ? If former you have no need to worry. (Source: combing through these forums extensively)

Secondly do you have FB installed and been used, if so can you check the number of wakelocks you are getting from GSam drop down menu ?

Thanks.

Hi Pra P,

Thanks for replying. I think that stats came for the later use (not the former): internet surf, moving widgets, downloading app etc. I also played Temple Run for 15-20 minutes. The screen did wake up a lot due to notification from LINE app. Not sure if this also took part.

I do have FB installed. However, I deactivated any feed from FB, except maybe the one coming to the blinkfeed.

I don't have the wakelocks from the same time the stats were taken. I plan to try to do what you say: watching youtube and playing games. I'll get back with the stats. What stats do you think I should watch for?

Thanks!

Pra P

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
The three things I am keeping an eye on in GSam are background CPU , Time held awake and general Number of wakelocks (again I am not a pro, this is from reading tips here as well as Xda forums). I think people would agree that you need to keep an eye on those stats, which apps feature in them. Now how to Use those stats to analyze your battery, or to even determine if there is real batter drain due to those numbers : I am not expert at those. I plan to save the screen shoots and post here and hopefully someone will guide if they find an anomaly :)

regarding FB, I have it installed, but no feed from FB comes to my One, no syncing of pictures nothing: I still see insane amount of wakelocks from FB. I have asked the question on some of the forums but not sure how to tackle it (or if it is a drain, I see about 1000 wakelocks in 24 hr period). My top two wakelock culprits are FB and Data manager app.

Regarding the 3.5+ hour of screen time, I would think it is good given you have used the phone for 17+ hours. I am sure someone can tip you how to improve it further (and I would like to know that too!)

Hi Pra P,

Thanks for replying. I think that stats came for the later use (not the former): internet surf, moving widgets, downloading app etc. I also played Temple Run for 15-20 minutes. The screen did wake up a lot due to notification from LINE app. Not sure if this also took part.

I do have FB installed. However, I deactivated any feed from FB, except maybe the one coming to the blinkfeed.

I don't have the wakelocks from the same time the stats were taken. I plan to try to do what you say: watching youtube and playing games. I'll get back with the stats. What stats do you think I should watch for?

Thanks!

jsp85

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
So this is my stats for today. Basically I used it normally; a lot of whatsapp and light browsing. I added youtube and Temple Run for about 1.5 hours in total. Considering it, I guess my phone worked well today. It improves a bit then the other stat. What do you think?

Regarding wakelocks, FB definitely not a problem for me. However, there's relatively a lot of wakelocks from LINE. which is weird since I didn't use it at all today. I am also a beginner (this is my first android). A lot of the terms are new for me. So I need a lot of things to find out if I were to understand more about it. Until then, I am basically in need of reading and pointers. :)

Attachments

• 2013-08-09 17.32.56.jpg
    2013-08-09 17.32.56.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 2013-08-09 17.33.22.jpg
    2013-08-09 17.33.22.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 2013-08-09 17.33.15.jpg
    2013-08-09 17.33.15.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 2013-08-09 17.32.42.jpg
    2013-08-09 17.32.42.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 2013-08-09 17.32.11.jpg
    2013-08-09 17.32.11.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 2013-08-09 17.33.45.jpg
    2013-08-09 17.33.45.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 65

Pra P

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Those are good stats not much to complain. I do not know about the Line wakelocks or even if the number is really high enough. I cant post screen shots right now, but I have wakelocks in region of 1000 for FB and couple other battery monitoring apps! So 250, I think it isnt something to worry about.

What are your FB settings, that you get so few wakelocks, if I may ask ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670