03-22-2016 08:48 AM
806 ... 23456 ...
tools
    So even the latest batteries still can be 'overcharged' and thus suffer in the long run? Guy at Batteries Plus Bulbs in town here said he recommends letting phones drain to turn-off point once a month. But someone else here says that's a baaad idea for a non-swappable battery phone. Any other input/advice?
    Technically they can be overcharged, but realistically the hardware and software in your device keeps that from happening. You also don't ever need to "condition" a lithium-ion or lithium-polymer battery when you use it by fully draining and then completely charging it after every use. You should, however, allow it to charge to 100% the first time it is put on a charger, but you want the charge cycle to be long, say beginning at less than 50% charge, so that the software can calibrate itself to the individual battery. The software has to learn how to gauge the actual battery life and that requires a few charging cycles. Even when you hit 100% it is okay to leave it on the charger. The system recognizes the charge and will actually slowly discharge the battery a bit and then charge it back to 100%. This keeps the battery from overcharging and helps the system calibrate itself to the battery.

And there isn't really a charge memory like you would get with NiCad batteries, but there is something called a digital memory in a lithium battery. It doesn't require the constant full-discharge that a NiCad does because it's not an issue with the battery chemistry per se, but every month or so (like your battery guy suggests) it is a good idea to fully discharge the battery before a complete charge. It actually helps the system keep the battery gauge calibrated, because it loses some of it's accuracy after lots of shorter charging cycles.
    tmoneydammit likes this.
    04-23-2013 12:27 PM
    I am not sure why anybody hasn't mentioned anything regarding charge time? HTC disabled quick charge, so my concern is how fast can you charge your phone if you have to go home and leave within 1 hour or so?
    04-23-2013 01:53 PM
    Happy with the first day on a full charge. I have wifi, bluetooth NFC on all day. 3 Gmail accounts syncing, blink feed off weather widget syncs every 3 hours with location about on hour and a half of podcasts and music streaming through bluetooth some Web browsing and 2.5 hours of phone calls and over 2 hours of screen on time. Should get better in the next couple of days. Attachment 65472

Sent from my HTC One
    What is the icon to the right of the Bluetooth icon?Can't find any info.Thanks
    04-23-2013 02:20 PM
    What is the icon to the right of the Bluetooth icon?Can't find any info.Thanks
    That's NFC. Turn it off to get rid of the icon .
    04-23-2013 02:24 PM
    Not very far in an hur sadly. I can't give you an exact percentage but since the phone has a larger mAH it takes a bit longer to charge. A lot of people have been complaining about the charge time on the HTC ONE.
    04-23-2013 04:06 PM
    Not very far in an hur sadly. I can't give you an exact percentage but since the phone has a larger mAH it takes a bit longer to charge. A lot of people have been complaining about the charge time on the HTC ONE.
    Takes forever on USB.
    04-23-2013 04:13 PM
    Takes me 3 hours to get a full charge. Not much different to anything else I've had I don't think. Makes it thru the day and gets full overnight.
    cizzlen likes this.
    04-23-2013 04:48 PM
    Geeze.. Battery life on this thing is pretty good. I came from an Epic 4G on Sprint, which was pretty bad in terms of battery life (but much better than the old Palm Pre I had. RIP Palm. Love you guys). Usually averaged 3 hours of screen on time with the Epic 4G on LOWEST brightness, all the fun stuff turned off.

But THIS phone? I had all the fun stuff on, auto sync, LTE, played scrabble, Jurassic Park, browsed the web, texted on IMO, facebook messenger, and texting, connected with bluetooth audio headphones, and got 5 hours of screen on time over a span of 8 hours of which I deem to be pretty heavy usage. I'm pretty blown away to be awesome. Like I said, my last couple of phones were the Palm Pre, Epic 4g, Pre 3, and Lumia 900. This is like the holy grail of battery.
    jrb363 likes this.
    04-23-2013 08:27 PM
    Will screen shot in morning. Right now took off charger at 8 am been using all day fbook text YouTube browsing and the new remote control. Feature....currently 46% left and at 12 hrs
    04-23-2013 11:18 PM
    Has nothing to do with battery size - HTC intentionally made it charge slower by disabling "quick charge" function. So the phone will charge slower than other phones with similarly sized batteries, regardless of the type of power supply used.

Why disable quick charge?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    04-24-2013 02:10 AM
    i dont know how people who actually use their phone are getting more than 10 hours per charge. i check instagram a couple times an hour, get my work e-mails pushed, use the camera and send a few texts and ive never gone past 10 hours. it lasts even shorter when i watch videos or do anything more taxing like playing games.
    04-24-2013 02:20 AM
    Anybody know how to get rid of the Power Saver notification?
    04-24-2013 02:45 AM
    i dont know how people who actually use their phone are getting more than 10 hours per charge. i check instagram a couple times an hour, get my work e-mails pushed, use the camera and send a few texts and ive never gone past 10 hours. it lasts even shorter when i watch videos or do anything more taxing like playing games.
    Find a way to charge it more often. Longer usb cable, more chargers in more places etc.

04-24-2013 03:14 AM
    Anybody know how to get rid of the Power Saver notification?
    I totally agree. What committee decided that letting you know all the time that this was on our off was necessary and a good idea?

04-24-2013 03:17 AM
    I have unplugged for 17 hours and still have 41% battery with moderate use all day.
    define "moderate use". your "moderate use" must mean sit on the dresser on WIFI while you're sleeping. Either that or you have a plutonium battery in your phone. you are not getting 17 hours with "moderate use". Stop it.
    04-24-2013 07:48 AM
    I can't remember what my screen time was yesterday, but I was able to get my first full day of use. I actually unplugged it around 9am with 99% and wen't to 1030pm with 20-17% (can't remember the exact number). NFC, WIFI, Bluetooth, location all on. 4 Gmails pushing, weather every 3 hours. A bunch of FB, text and emails, a few calls, a lot of app downloads etc etc. So far I am very happy with the battery life. This is with battery saver off. Coming from an iPhone 5 with a smaller screen and less performance, and still getting better battery life is fine by me. And of course I could care less about the non-removable battery as I am used to it lol. I will post my stats later today, I downloaded juice defender about 10 min ago.
    04-24-2013 09:01 AM
    I've had this phone since Friday, here is my experience...
    Monday, I charged the phone to 100% over night. In the morning I Unplugged and put the device to work. I Watched youtube clips, showed the phone off to buddies, took photos, videos, zoes, called friends and family, played some 3D games, updated apps, animated backgrounds, full screen widgets running, etc... Basically, I taxed the phone as much as I possibly could. It was totally dead in just over 7 hours of constant non-stop usage. The phone will last just over a day with 'my' typical usage, as in check FB every once in a while, talk for about an hour or so, play some TH poker, listen to music while at the gym, etc.

Pretty good IMO. Having just upgraded from a SGS3, I would say that's pretty amazing in comparison. The Galaxy with Jellybean would have been dead by Noon. I've had the iPhone1, S3, S4, HTC EVO, EVO 3D, and the Galaxy S3. Also, I will be attending Cellphone junkies AA tonight at 5
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    04-24-2013 09:17 AM
    be attending Cellphone junkies AA tonight at 5

I need a sponsor.

Rose4uKY likes this.
    04-24-2013 10:13 AM
    This phone is not better then the iPhone or note but it is just as good or better then the s3.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
    04-24-2013 10:39 AM
    04-24-2013 11:25 AM
    Here's my current status after about 12 hours of moderate use. I used DS Battery saver app and mostly watched You Tube videos, surfed the web and read a Google Play Book. Not bad!

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion-uploadfromtaptalk1366825079139.jpg  
    04-24-2013 12:40 PM
    I totally agree. What committee decided that letting you know all the time that this was on our off was necessary and a good idea?

I think I found a way to kill it. I installed Widgetsoid for my quick toggles in the notification shade, and ever since then I haven't seen the notification since I last force closed it. I also used Android Terminal Emulator to try and kill the notification, but that didn't seem to work initially.
    04-24-2013 01:06 PM
    define "moderate use". your "moderate use" must mean sit on the dresser on WIFI while you're sleeping. Either that or you have a plutonium battery in your phone. you are not getting 17 hours with "moderate use". Stop it.
    Yes, he probably is. I went to bed last night with over 30% left after 16 hours of use. I played some games and listened to MP3s on the train to and from work. I streamed 30 - 60 minutes of music at work, sent a couple of texts, made a few phone calls, was on Tapatalk a lot and downloaded/updated a few apps. I'm on mobile data from 7am to 6pm then on wifi after that. I do have auto brightness disabled and my brightness is set at around 20% which is plenty on this phone unless I'm outdoors then I increase it.

I haven't had to charge mine during the day yet (had it 5 days) and I haven't used power saving mode yet.
    04-24-2013 01:07 PM
    So his moderate use isn't yours... that's ok. My moderate use got me through 26 hours, including 5 hours of screen on time, some gaming and music streaming, mostly browsing, texting, calling and picture taking. 80% on WiFi, the rest on 3G. Instant uploads and pushing email is always on for me. Yesterday I got just over 19 hours with roughly 4 1/2 hours screen time but more calls thrown in and I was on LTE most of the day. So everyone is a little different with what they would consider moderate. I did note that of your 14 AC posts since 2011, 11 have been about poor HTC battery life. Maybe you're doing something wrong. Or maybe, just maybe, your moderate use would be considered heavy by a lot of us.
    mpanju7, cizzlen and Sir1 like this.
    04-24-2013 02:22 PM
    It's all about the network. People always seem to overlook the biggest drain of all on battery life....signal strength. It makes comparing battery life experiences very difficult because everyone is going to be different distances from cell towers, or have different providers with different results. I have a phone on the Sprint network. It will last quite some time at home but go to a crowded area with lots of people (Disneyland is the WORST for me) and I can watch my battery life evaporate practically before my eyes. Sometime it is even the phone that is different. I once had an identical model of phone as a friend on the same carrier too and we got totally different signal strengths in the exact same spot. Comparing people's battery life experiences a rather daunting task. There are just too many variables to make fully accurate comparisons.
    johnriii, ArtnerC, mpanju7 and 2 others like this.
    04-24-2013 02:42 PM
806 ... 23456 ...