HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

tigerNamedtony07

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Will screen shot in morning. Right now took off charger at 8 am been using all day fbook text YouTube browsing and the new remote control. Feature....currently 46% left and at 12 hrs

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
i dont know how people who actually use their phone are getting more than 10 hours per charge. i check instagram a couple times an hour, get my work e-mails pushed, use the camera and send a few texts and ive never gone past 10 hours. it lasts even shorter when i watch videos or do anything more taxing like playing games.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
i dont know how people who actually use their phone are getting more than 10 hours per charge. i check instagram a couple times an hour, get my work e-mails pushed, use the camera and send a few texts and ive never gone past 10 hours. it lasts even shorter when i watch videos or do anything more taxing like playing games.

Find a way to charge it more often. Longer usb cable, more chargers in more places etc.

Anybody know how to get rid of the Power Saver notification?

I totally agree. What committee decided that letting you know all the time that this was on our off was necessary and a good idea?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

susanoo26

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I have unplugged for 17 hours and still have 41% battery with moderate use all day.

define "moderate use". your "moderate use" must mean sit on the dresser on WIFI while you're sleeping. Either that or you have a plutonium battery in your phone. you are not getting 17 hours with "moderate use". Stop it.

PittsDriver

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't remember what my screen time was yesterday, but I was able to get my first full day of use. I actually unplugged it around 9am with 99% and wen't to 1030pm with 20-17% (can't remember the exact number). NFC, WIFI, Bluetooth, location all on. 4 Gmails pushing, weather every 3 hours. A bunch of FB, text and emails, a few calls, a lot of app downloads etc etc. So far I am very happy with the battery life. This is with battery saver off. Coming from an iPhone 5 with a smaller screen and less performance, and still getting better battery life is fine by me. And of course I could care less about the non-removable battery as I am used to it lol. I will post my stats later today, I downloaded juice defender about 10 min ago.

Chris Keblitis

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had this phone since Friday, here is my experience...
Monday, I charged the phone to 100% over night. In the morning I Unplugged and put the device to work. I Watched youtube clips, showed the phone off to buddies, took photos, videos, zoes, called friends and family, played some 3D games, updated apps, animated backgrounds, full screen widgets running, etc... Basically, I taxed the phone as much as I possibly could. It was totally dead in just over 7 hours of constant non-stop usage. The phone will last just over a day with 'my' typical usage, as in check FB every once in a while, talk for about an hour or so, play some TH poker, listen to music while at the gym, etc.

Pretty good IMO. Having just upgraded from a SGS3, I would say that's pretty amazing in comparison. The Galaxy with Jellybean would have been dead by Noon. I've had the iPhone1, S3, S4, HTC EVO, EVO 3D, and the Galaxy S3. Also, I will be attending Cellphone junkies AA tonight at 5 :p

tigerNamedtony07

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
do3r5h.png

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's my current status after about 12 hours of moderate use. I used DS Battery saver app and mostly watched You Tube videos, surfed the web and read a Google Play Book. Not bad!

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366825079139.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366825079139.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 416

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree. What committee decided that letting you know all the time that this was on our off was necessary and a good idea?

I think I found a way to kill it. I installed Widgetsoid for my quick toggles in the notification shade, and ever since then I haven't seen the notification since I last force closed it. I also used Android Terminal Emulator to try and kill the notification, but that didn't seem to work initially.

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
define "moderate use". your "moderate use" must mean sit on the dresser on WIFI while you're sleeping. Either that or you have a plutonium battery in your phone. you are not getting 17 hours with "moderate use". Stop it.

Yes, he probably is. I went to bed last night with over 30% left after 16 hours of use. I played some games and listened to MP3s on the train to and from work. I streamed 30 - 60 minutes of music at work, sent a couple of texts, made a few phone calls, was on Tapatalk a lot and downloaded/updated a few apps. I'm on mobile data from 7am to 6pm then on wifi after that. I do have auto brightness disabled and my brightness is set at around 20% which is plenty on this phone unless I'm outdoors then I increase it.

I haven't had to charge mine during the day yet (had it 5 days) and I haven't used power saving mode yet.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
So his moderate use isn't yours... that's ok. My moderate use got me through 26 hours, including 5 hours of screen on time, some gaming and music streaming, mostly browsing, texting, calling and picture taking. 80% on WiFi, the rest on 3G. Instant uploads and pushing email is always on for me. Yesterday I got just over 19 hours with roughly 4 1/2 hours screen time but more calls thrown in and I was on LTE most of the day. So everyone is a little different with what they would consider moderate. I did note that of your 14 AC posts since 2011, 11 have been about poor HTC battery life. Maybe you're doing something wrong. Or maybe, just maybe, your moderate use would be considered heavy by a lot of us.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

It's all about the network. People always seem to overlook the biggest drain of all on battery life....signal strength. It makes comparing battery life experiences very difficult because everyone is going to be different distances from cell towers, or have different providers with different results. I have a phone on the Sprint network. It will last quite some time at home but go to a crowded area with lots of people (Disneyland is the WORST for me) and I can watch my battery life evaporate practically before my eyes. Sometime it is even the phone that is different. I once had an identical model of phone as a friend on the same carrier too and we got totally different signal strengths in the exact same spot. Comparing people's battery life experiences a rather daunting task. There are just too many variables to make fully accurate comparisons.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
It's all about the network. People always seem to overlook the biggest drain of all on battery life....signal strength. It makes comparing battery life experiences very difficult because everyone is going to be different distances from cell towers, or have different providers with different results. I have a phone on the Sprint network. It will last quite some time at home but go to a crowded area with lots of people (Disneyland is the WORST for me) and I can watch my battery life evaporate practically before my eyes. Sometime it is even the phone that is different. I once had an identical model of phone as a friend on the same carrier too and we got totally different signal strengths in the exact same spot. Comparing people's battery life experiences a rather daunting task. There are just too many variables to make fully accurate comparisons.

+1 signal strength is the biggest wildcard! Poor signal as you said DEVOURS battery!

soogriff

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Happy to report that I got 15 hrs and 46 minutes out of my charge yesterday. It was the second day of use. I have my screen brightness set to about 75% and had heavy usage (facebook, texts, calls, music, youtube, and games). Very pleased with the performance. I had a bad android experience with the Galaxy Nexus, which had a HORRIBLE battery life. Today, I have it on "power saver" mode just to see if it makes a big difference.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366837435407.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366837435407.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 69
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366837444280.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366837444280.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 68

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

its actually looking like wifi was draining my battery. i set my phone in the same spot i always do at work today but with wifi off and im only down to 78% after 6 hours. yesterday at this same time i was down to 47% with wifi on the entire time. my LTE signal never goes above 2 or 3 bars.

nrquig

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
i have a few questions
does having NFC on when not using it drain the battery?
and does having wifi on when not in a location that has a wifi signal kill the battery?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc