HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine drains pretty fast lost 50% within 2 hrs....please share with us your settings to get 14 hrs of moderate use...thanks

Do you have the screen on high brightness and playing games or videos? I haven't done anything special except turn off autobrightness (set it at about 25%) and use wifi when I'm at home. I haven't had to charge mine during the day yet and yes I do actively use it. In fact I'm streaming music on it now and it's been off the charger since 10am.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
You are actually wrong - when you leave the phone connected to power supply, the battery is not being used - the phone powers all the functions using power supply and only "trickle charges" the battery as needed (for example, when it starts to lose power even when not being used, which ALL rechargeable batteries do) and turns off the charging completely when battery is full. So it's always good to leave the phone connected to power supply.

Well that would be great, because that is what I do, but - I have read that keeping batteries at full charge is stressful, so, by keeping them plugged in and trickle charging aren't you maximizing that stress?

If not we can all worry less.

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little concern in 30 mins of use on the phone I went from 100 to 87% I was like wow my phone will die fast at this rate, the main issue I see is that I like my phone at full brightness always, but I do this with all the phones I owned, really concerned with the battery life though, will it get me through the day? mostly I am afraid of getting to low battery and since it charges slow not being able to get through the day.

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
895791_4858037255554_447525631_o.jpg

This is a day of pretty light use up until the end of the night. Note that this is with the LTE turned off since I don't live in a T-Mobile LTE market.

Also, is there a way to find out what your screen-on time is without using a third party app? I can't find it in settings, but it seems to be filed somewhere under "HTC Sense".

IronStar

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Guys I think i'm having a battery drainage issue. So moderate use (mostly text messaging, 10 minutes of slingbox) in the last 5 hours. My battery is down to 35%. Something is keeping my phone "awake". Comparing everyone else's screenshots, my awake bar basically spans the entire time my phone has been off the charger. The screen is not kept turned on. My battery history says that my "Messages" is draining 50% of my battery. That can't be normal. I tried Wakelock Detector and its showing that my Google Play Music app is has kept my phone awake for 50 minutes of that 5 hours..

I'm not sure what it could be. Over the past week, the maximum time ive been able to keep my phone without charging is approximately 10 hours.

Toan Nguyen

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Took mine off the charger at about 6a.m.-ish and with moderate use im at 52%. Thats about 14 hours, so not too bad.

I came from a Note 2 and so far I'd say its very, very close to the Note 2. On the Note at about this time of night i'd have close to 50%. Also with the Note 2 I could get 2 days on one charge and I'm sure the One would be very close, I just don't trust it enough yet to not charge it nightly.

So far so good but needs a few more days of evaluation to be sure.

edit:
Day 2: http://i37.tinypic.com/xm5s9t.png

Mine drains pretty fast lost 50% within 2 hrs....please share with us your settings to get 14 hrs of moderate use...thanks

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It should last all day with a 2300mah battery lets not fool ourselves

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
It all depends on what you are doing on it. Games can drain any phone really fast. One persons usage can be totally different than another person. I've gotten great battery on my nexus 4 and bad battery. It's all about what apps are being used.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It all depends on what you are doing on it. Games can drain any phone really fast. One persons usage can be totally different than another person. I've gotten great battery on my nexus 4 and bad battery. It's all about what apps are being used.

While I agree it depends on what kind of use, but considering that just basic web browsing, some youtube videos, social networking lightly and eats battery like crazy, and without quick charge you can't get your phone charge for longer use fast enough.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
While I agree it depends on what kind of use, but considering that just basic web browsing, some youtube videos, social networking lightly and eats battery like crazy, and without quick charge you can't get your phone charge for longer use fast enough.
I agree. I watched the Techno Buffalo review and he said after 9 days of moderate to heavy use he was always getting a full day of use from 7am until midnight. That's all I need.

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I watched the Techno Buffalo review and he said after 9 days of moderate to heavy use he was always getting a full day of use from 7am until midnight. That's all I need.

The thing is that we don't know if in technobuffalo they used power saver mode, which I am not going to use, I don't want to lower the performance of the phone, or turn off settings, there has to be a way to keep everything on and last you the whole day

Toan Nguyen

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
My experiences.....had the One for little over a week...battery keep draining pretty fast...so last night I play/surf on the One until it is out of juice "completely depleted the battery"...plug it in overnight and been using it since 9 am........with so much battery improvement....its only drains about 20% with normal use over the last 4 hrs....

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had my ATT 64GB One for a week Friday and so far the only thing I'm not liking is the battery life. My previous phone, the SGNexus would usually be at 30%-45% by the time I put it back on the charger at the end of the day before going to bed and so far the One is lucky to be at 25% and most days I'm charging for 30+ minutes while I seldom needed to charge the SGNexus during the day. I have not switched the launcher and have made very few phone calls and no texts. Once again HTC just blows for battery life. I mean, I love the phone otherwise but this phone needs a 3000mAHr battery.

Hopefully things will improve but I'm more than a little worried...

Brian

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had my ATT 64GB One for a week Friday and so far the only thing I'm not liking is the battery life. My previous phone, the SGNexus would usually be at 30%-45% by the time I put it back on the charger at the end of the day before going to bed and so far the One is lucky to be at 25% and most days I'm charging for 30+ minutes while I seldom needed to charge the SGNexus during the day. I have not switched the launcher and have made very few phone calls and no texts. Once again HTC just blows for battery life. I mean, I love the phone otherwise but this phone needs a 3000mAHr battery.

Brian

But what's the problem? If the One is at 25% by the end of the day, then you made it. Why do you need more?

I suspect most people have a psychological breakdown as a battery indicator winds its way from 100% to 0% throughout the course of a given day. For example, they get "nervous" when the battery gets into the 80% range, become "concerned" in the 70s, "panicky" in the 60s, "fearful" in the 50s, "psychotic" in the 40s, "suicidal" in the 30s, "have a religious awakening" in the 20s, "find God" in the 10s, and "accept their fate" by 0. Yes, the One should have had a 2800 to 3200 mAh battery inside, and HTC was more interested in aesthetics and hand-comfort. Once again, you're holding a computer in your hand with some specs better than any laptop on the market. It's naive to assume the battery will last from 6:00am to midnight with all radios blasting, games, web surfing, streaming movies... No way. Only the Note 2 can do that, and its size renders it impractical for 98% of the smartphone public. The One does an excellent job if you know how to manage it properly.

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
But what's the problem? If the One is at 25% by the end of the day, then you made it. Why do you need more?

I suspect most people have a psychological breakdown as a battery indicator winds its way from 100% to 0% throughout the course of a given day. For example, they get "nervous" when the battery gets into the 80% range, become "concerned" in the 70s, "panicky" in the 60s, "fearful" in the 50s, "psychotic" in the 40s, "suicidal" in the 30s, "have a religious awakening" in the 20s, "find God" in the 10s, and "accept their fate" by 0. Yes, the One should have had a 2800 to 3200 mAh battery inside, and HTC was more interested in aesthetics and hand-comfort. Once again, you're holding a computer in your hand with some specs better than any laptop on the market. It's naive to assume the battery will last from 6:00am to midnight with all radios blasting, games, web surfing, streaming movies... No way. Only the Note 2 can do that, and its size renders it impractical for 98% of the smartphone public. The One does an excellent job if you know how to manage it properly.

First, it's not getting nearly the battery life of the SGNexus and it wasn't great. Second, if I use it more than normal I WILL run out. Third, even if you don't run the battery down to zero running it down much below half way reduces the lifespan of the battery so that 6 months from now 25% becomes zero percent, or, in other words, dead.

Brian

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Brian
Seriously? 35% at the end of the day on a Galaxy Nexus? I call BS. That phone is not even in the same league as the One in terms of power usage. The GNex had horrible battery. And like others have said, why complain that you have 25% at the end of the day?

Guys, it's not really correct to compare it to your previous older phones... The HTC One has a different, more powerful CPU/GPU, which will cause more power consumption during usage. More correct way would be to compare it to GS4. Buy both of these, test them out yourself using same exact apps/games (test out their power saving options too), see which one lasts longer with YOUR particular usage.
That's not true. The chip in the One and SGS4 are far better at using power than the chips on older phones. They may use more because of screen size etc. But it isn't from the chip.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Seriously? 35% at the end of the day on a Galaxy Nexus? I call BS. That phone is not even in the same league as the One in terms of power usage. The GNex had horrible battery. And like others have said, why complain that you have 25% at the end of the day?

Hey, speak for yourself, I actually have the SGNexus so I know from personal experience what its battery life is like. And, I'm at 25% at the end of the day only because I'm charging it during the day -- I seldom had to do that with the SGNexus...

And, saying that you can't compare them because the One is so much newer and faster is utter nonsense -- the next thing we'll be hearing is that the next gen phones are OK if they last an hour because, hey, they're even newer and faster than the One. Why should a newer phone have a shorter battery life?

As I said before, I love almost everything else about the One but so far I'm not loving the battery life and I have the right to this opinion as you have the right to your's.

If I could have had a role in the design of the One I'd have put a 3000mAHr battery and a uSD slot in it and would have no issue making it a bit thicker and/or a bit less rounded in the back. I actually think it would be better if the sides were a bit thicker to make it easier to hold.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908