Headphone controls?

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Each little section on the mini jack on the headphones is hard wired to a certain function. Its not a software thing, its a hardware thing.
That doesn't exactly make sense. The signal from the remote will trigger the signal to the specific section of the mini jack that it is wired for, but it's software on the other end that interprets that signal and tells the audio player / phone what to do. Seems odd to me that someone couldn't solve this issue with software.

Thankfully with Shure's new system I should be able to just swap out the cable with the remote on it for $50.

rydubois

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I think the point is that there's no volume control on the earbuds.

But seriously, who was expecting quality, FREE earbuds? Of course they're terrible, all of the free ones that ship with phones are terrible. Go spend a little money for a decent pair.

From what had been said early on, I was expecting pretty good headphones with the One. I had read a preview stating the earbuds were almost on par with the urBeats earbuds, which also have been packed with certain HTC phones. So I would think HTC COULD, not will, but could, actually have included decent buds.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
From what had been said early on, I was expecting pretty good headphones with the One. I had read a preview stating the earbuds were almost on par with the urBeats earbuds, which also have been packed with certain HTC phones. So I would think HTC COULD, not will, but could, actually have included decent buds.
All the reviews of Beats brand stuff has shown them to be, well, less than good. I can swap out the control cable on my Shure's for this one Amazon.com: Shure CBL-M-K Music Phone Adapter Cable Plus Mic: Musical Instruments but I only get a single button then. No ability to adjust volume like with the iPhone version. Too bad, that was a nice feature.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't exactly make sense. The signal from the remote will trigger the signal to the specific section of the mini jack that it is wired for, but it's software on the other end that interprets that signal and tells the audio player / phone what to do. Seems odd to me that someone couldn't solve this issue with software.

Thankfully with Shure's new system I should be able to just swap out the cable with the remote on it for $50.

Especially on the One where there is an amp involved, I would think each section of the mini plug would be wired to go through the amp and send audio signals.

rydubois

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
All the reviews of Beats brand stuff has shown them to be, well, less than good.

Now that is entirely possible. I've not been able to actually find legit reviews on Beats headphones and only have the word of my buddy that has a pair to go off of. He has the urBeats and seems to love them. Says they give him good sound and solid bass. Now he's no audiophile, so I can't say for sure.

pjmurphy77#WP

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I agree.. Wired Beats Solo DO NOT WORK with the ONE (ya, with the beats logo on it). You can play/pause with the button on the beats but no volume or track controls.

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Now that is entirely possible. I've not been able to actually find legit reviews on Beats headphones and only have the word of my buddy that has a pair to go off of. He has the urBeats and seems to love them. Says they give him good sound and solid bass. Now he's no audiophile, so I can't say for sure.

I believe the thread is going off topic, I just wanna know as if for right now the One compatibility sucks with headphones/earphones

rydubois

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I believe the thread is going off topic, I just wanna know as if for right now the One compatibility sucks with headphones/earphones

Apologies. That said it seems like most headphones are not going to have full controls over all functions. I'm used to it, my Skullcandy buds only pause and play on my WinMo 7 phone, but I see where it would annoy/upset people that have used/are used to that functionality.

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Apologies. That said it seems like most headphones are not going to have full controls over all functions. I'm used to it, my Skullcandy buds only pause and play on my WinMo 7 phone, but I see where it would annoy/upset people that have used/are used to that functionality.

Thanks for your answer, think it will get fixed?

rydubois

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
If the way people are talking is true it may be a hardware issue with the headphones themselves. I would probably just recomend using the app mentioned earlier. It sounds like that worked quite well.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
This is a ongoing issue with Android. It not Android's issue, it's just that most the earphone manufacturers make earphones compatible with the iPhone. The only company that I know of who's stock earbuds work correctly is Samsung and, it only totally works for their phones.

I have only have one set of earbuds that will do everything on Android, klipsch, and I don't like the way they're designed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
If the way people are talking is true it may be a hardware issue with the headphones themselves. I would probably just recomend using the app mentioned earlier. It sounds like that worked quite well.

So its headphones hardware issue, however, all beats branded headphones/earphones should work with the damned phone if the phone has the beats logo on it. Ironic.

rydubois

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
You would think, but if they were made to play nice with iPhone/pod/etc that sounds like the issue. Lame as heck I know, at least there is an app to "fix" it though

thelastred

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
It's going to be a big let down if the One has software problems to work with most headphones.

- - - Updated - - -

And do you think this will get fixed?
Am using Bose made for iPhone on android everything works but the volume buttons
Mic and center button work
Not true the mic and center buttons on made for iPhone brand headphones will work on htc. It's just a marketing thing so Customers are not confused
uve9y9at.jpg

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
These work just fine with mine - play/pause, skip track/back track. They were perfect with the EVO and continue to be smooth with my One. Pair these with Poweramp music player and I challenge you to find better quality sound!

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366544073931.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366544073931.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 46

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Am using Bose made for iPhone on android everything works but the volume buttons
Mic and center button work
Not true the mic and center buttons on made for iPhone brand headphones will work on htc. It's just a marketing thing so Customers are not confused
Ummmm no. If the volume controls don't work then the controls don't work.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit confused as to what you're saying, but it seems only the play/pause, answer/hang up features work via the center button. No one has reported working volume controls.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power