[Updated 4/20] Order directly from HTC? Dev edition and unlocked version DELAYED

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
HTC One developer edition and unlocked editions delayed | Android Central

Update noonish 4/19: HTC apologizes, gives more details on dev edition delay | Android Central

Update 4/20: Got another update from HTC corporate this afternoon ... Some devices shipped yesterday. (Which is why some of us got them today.) More went out today (Saturday). Not all preorders have made it out yet, and they'll be on their way "early next week." "End of April" is still considered worst-case scenario at this point, and you'll most likely get your phone sooner. Should get an e-mail when it's shipped.

Last edited:

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Order directly from HTC? Dev edition and unlocked version DELAYED

I received the email even though my order was canceled on the 8th.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Thank god i canceled and ordered from att Tuesday. Had the phone in my hands since Wednesday

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Wow. I am so glad I cancelled both my orders and ordered through AT&T. Had mine since yesterday and unlocked and rooted already. It really sucks for the non-AT&T users because I don't think they will sell you a phone at full retail if you aren't a customer and even if they did, you will have to spend some more money to get it SIM unlocked. I know some are going to be so pissed at this and will run to a GS3.... and I can't really say I blame them. I think people would be more understanding if things are communicated to them properly, not the day they should have received their phones. People even paid extra for Sat delivery. I'm sure letstalk knew before today that they weren't shipping phones this week.

Dale Kana

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, go figure, pre-ordered the unlocked as soon as it was announced and still at&t gets theirs first. WTF HTC?

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

I'd love a follow up after you guys find some more info. At this point I think I'm going to hold out for my 64gb DE, but it will be tempting to walk over to the AT&T store and get one if they have 64gb in stock.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

I'd love a follow up after you guys find some more info. At this point I think I'm going to hold out for my 64gb DE, but it will be tempting to walk over to the AT&T store and get one if they have 64gb in stock.

They probably don't and likely won't.

It will likely be a few days of difference, honestly. I got through to the Letstalk people and they said my order still exists and they were unaware of the issue that I couldn't find the order on the webpage.

Regardless, she said phones next week, cases two weeks or more after (who gives a damn about those anyway?).

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Just rent one for a couple weeks LOL. Not something that I personally do but others around here to it all the time to "hold them over". I'd only suggest this if you phone is in bad shape.

Scottyl41

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Called and cancelled my order from letstalk.com. Im gonna step back a bit. I'm ticked that HTC fooled me into thinking I could get the phone day of release. Since now theres no way I can get it until the end of the month I'll wait and look at the s4 side by side.

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Ordered the dev edition on the 17th (when HTC wasn't expecting new stock until the 23rd) and wasn't expecting to get the phone until the end of next week anyway. Now I've got free overnight shipping! Sticking with my order until the bitter end.

After owning a Nexus device, I just cannot go back to carrier bloat and branding (especially the former) and not having to wait for the carrier to tinker with Android OS updates (yes, I know the One's updates won't be coming direct from Google), but I will wait patiently, and give myself a self-inflating pat on the back for doing so.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Just rent one for a couple weeks LOL. Not something that I personally do but others around here to it all the time to "hold them over". I'd only suggest this if you phone is in bad shape.

That's horrible.. who would do that???? Need to return my HTC First today lol

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

I did it with the Rezound before I got my Galaxy Nexus. I had a 2+ year old OG Droid before it that was on death's doorstep, the screen wouldn't even work properly.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, go figure, pre-ordered the unlocked as soon as it was announced and still at&t gets theirs first. WTF HTC?

# of customers buying from AT&T > # of customers buying unlocked and developer models..... not cool but it is what it is.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site

I bought a 32g from AT&T this morning. Syncing iPhone backup data and music to it now.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Ha! I did it before but it wasn't my original intention. I sold a device and decided to use a flip phone for a couple days. No big deal until I was told the phone I wanted was being pushed back 2 weeks. I was not using a flip for 2 1/2 weeks. So I used an upgrade to get a device to "rent" and then came back and swapped it out for the phone I wanted on release day. That was back when I didn't have the funds to front new phone purchases and needed to sell my current phone. Now that I have the financial capacity to do so, no need for me. But I see a lot of people on here doing so.... all the time LOL.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I emailed let's talk to cancel my order but haven't heard anything. I'm also trying tmobile, which is my carrier but, I'm having issues there also.

I'm tempted to just go back to AT&T.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I emailed let's talk to cancel my order but haven't heard anything. I'm also trying tmobile, which is my carrier but, I'm having issues there also.

I'm tempted to just go back to AT&T.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Did you check your order online? When I emailed them, they cancelled it like 2 hours before I got the confirmation email. So check the status online.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I did it with the Rezound before I got my Galaxy Nexus. I had a 2+ year old OG Droid before it that was on death's doorstep, the screen wouldn't even work properly.

I was joking. I have an HTC First that I've been "renting" since last Friday when I had to return my blackberry Z10 that I had rented for 2 weeks waiting on a One release date. All so I could sell my Lumia 920 three weeks ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy