Speaker buzz

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am noticing that the main speaker when talking to someone, I can hear it vibrate/buzz when they speak. I haven't heard that on my previous phones. Is anyone else experiencing this?

From my newly opened HTC One

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Could you try to talk with a different person or number to see if it was isolated to one instant or the other persons device?

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Could you try to talk with a different person or number to see if it was isolated to one instant or the other persons device?

It wasn't a connection issue. It was the sound of the speaker vibrating from their voice.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so that to me sounds like it could be expected by having the volume loud. As long as it wasn't a issue with the hardware or speaker itself.

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok so that to me sounds like it could be expected by having the volume loud. As long as it wasn't a issue with the hardware or speaker itself.

You are correct, however it wasn't turned up loud at all. Just loud enough to hear them speak. I should be able to have it louder without it distorted, right? I could turn up my One x and not hear the speaker vibrate.

JoshieMSU

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
You are correct, however it wasn't turned up loud at all. Just loud enough to hear them speak. I should be able to have it louder without it distorted, right? I could turn up my One x and not hear the speaker vibrate.

You absolutely should. Many reviews have said call quality/speakerphone has been great on the One. If this is not true with your unit, then you may want to get it replaced.