This "phone" is EVERYTHING.

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I took the plunge and decided to head to Sprint to see this baby, and I knew immediately that I had to have it. Coming from AT&T I got the $100 port in discount, which made the phone a cool $99 on contract. Another plus is the fact that I now get unlimited data, and for $13 LESS a month, and Sprint has full LTE coverage in my town.

First impressions:
1) HOLY CRAP this thing is gorgeous. And once I picked it up, it was vastly lighter than I expected too.
2) Then I turned on the screen to put some music on to try the speakers and WOW was I blown away by how crisp and beautiful everything looks on this display. And then I was FLOORED by the speakers.
3) The front facing camera takes some pretty stunning photos. I was beyond impressed. I haven't gotten to try the Ultrapixel camera yet, but I'm expecting beauty.
4) The messaging app is the best looking of all the Android skins, and I don't mind it at all coming from an iPhone 5.
5) Transferring all of my iPhone 5 stuff, and music from iTunes, using HTC Sync Manager on my iMac wasn't a hassle in the slightest, which was surprising having tried to sync my iTunes stuff with a Galaxy S3 & Note II in the past. This was a MAJOR relief. It feels great knowing my iMac will play nicely with my One.
6) The TV app is freaking COOL, and I had it all set up within 5 minutes.
7) The battery came with only 38% so the longevity is still to be seen obviously.

All in all, this phone feels so Apple in the best of ways. Once I got home and really started playing around with it, and had all of my music and stuff on it, I knew immediately that my iPhone 5 was a thing of the past. The iPhone 5 is still a phenomenal smartphone, but the One is THE device of 2013.

Sorry for creating an unnecessary new thread, but I just had to share my excitement over this thing. How did you guys immediately react to your HTC One? I wanna hear!

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Did you install GMail and your contacts and calendar from Google? I have a iphone and a G3 so I have contacts from Google and IPhone. Did you use a Mac email address first then add the GMail?

cyanogen123

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Did you install GMail and your contacts and calendar from Google? I have a iphone and a G3 so I have contacts from Google and IPhone. Did you use a Mac email address first then add the GMail?

HTC has a process where you can import your iOS contacts over bluetooth. I used it and it worked fine for me.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It's a nice phone. I played with it in the store and I agree that it's iPhone-like. I've never tried htc sync and always use a app called isyncr. I will have to give htc sync a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
It is cool but it also sort of sucks. For my DVR there's no guide button and no way to add it. It's the button I use most and not having it on there makes the app useless.

Yeah, there appears to be no way to create a custom template or remote setup. However, I have heard that you can assign the function of a button on the remote to any of the buttons in the app, so you could assign the guide button to something else if necessary. Still, they should allow you to design your own remote.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I really want to like this phone and with my BB trade in it would would cost me nothing to switch (and still profit too), but reading reviews I'm not liking the limited battery life and not having the SD card option, nor the removable battery. Those are pretty much deal breakers for me. Also, how reliable is HTC as a brand?

The rest of the phone looks (sounds) amazing though. Hopefully those who are willing to give it a try have a great time using it and report back with their thoughts.

I still have 2 weeks to decide! :)

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I have used everything in my day, and I do mean everything. Every Iphone iteration, Galaxy S2 and S3. HTC One X and One X+. Nokia Lumia 920. Sony Xperia ZL.

The One is by far and away the most impressive piece of hardware I have ever held. Incredibly impressive.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I really want to like this phone and with my BB trade in it would would cost me nothing to switch (and still profit too), but reading reviews I'm not liking the limited battery life and not having the SD card option, nor the removable battery. Those are pretty much deal breakers for me. Also, how reliable is HTC as a brand?

The rest of the phone looks (sounds) amazing though. Hopefully those who are willing to give it a try have a great time using it and report back with their thoughts.

I still have 2 weeks to decide! :)

64gb version is available. How much storage do you need? I would really have to try to fill it up.

Battery seems to be ok. External charger is often more flexible than swappable batteries. I am at my desk all day most days so it is not an issue at all. Just have a external charger for those instances when going to be away from power.

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's a nice phone. I played with it in the store and I agree that it's iPhone-like. I've never tried htc sync and always use a app called isyncr. I will have to give htc sync a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I used the transfer tool and it worked perfectly over WiFi within minutes

From my newly opened HTC One

Gretchen Cane

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I took the plunge and decided to head to Sprint to see this baby, and I knew immediately that I had to have it. Coming from AT&T I got the $100 port in discount, which made the phone a cool $99 on contract. Another plus is the fact that I now get unlimited data, and for $13 LESS a month, and Sprint has full LTE coverage in my town.

First impressions:
1) HOLY CRAP this thing is gorgeous. And once I picked it up, it was vastly lighter than I expected too.
2) Then I turned on the screen to put some music on to try the speakers and WOW was I blown away by how crisp and beautiful everything looks on this display. And then I was FLOORED by the speakers.
3) The front facing camera takes some pretty stunning photos. I was beyond impressed. I haven't gotten to try the Ultrapixel camera yet, but I'm expecting beauty.
4) The messaging app is the best looking of all the Android skins, and I don't mind it at all coming from an iPhone 5.
5) Transferring all of my iPhone 5 stuff, and music from iTunes, using HTC Sync Manager on my iMac wasn't a hassle in the slightest, which was surprising having tried to sync my iTunes stuff with a Galaxy S3 & Note II in the past. This was a MAJOR relief. It feels great knowing my iMac will play nicely with my One.
6) The TV app is freaking COOL, and I had it all set up within 5 minutes.
7) The battery came with only 38% so the longevity is still to be seen obviously.

All in all, this phone feels so Apple in the best of ways. Once I got home and really started playing around with it, and had all of my music and stuff on it, I knew immediately that my iPhone 5 was a thing of the past. The iPhone 5 is still a phenomenal smartphone, but the One is THE device of 2013.

Sorry for creating an unnecessary new thread, but I just had to share my excitement over this thing. How did you guys immediately react to your HTC One? I wanna hear!

I totally agree. This is the best smartphone I have ever used and I have tried every high end phone. It just seems to be a better iphone5. Not taking anything against the iPhone , this one just edges it out in my opinion.

raymer

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
dont worry about the battery, it gives you 24hrs of good usage off a charge. Its 300% better than my one-x which i needed to charge 2 or 3 times a day, thank god its no more :)

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I was blown away by this phone. I've used many different types,brands in the past and this one is awesome!

Sent from my brilliant HTC One

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
dont worry about the battery, it gives you 24hrs of good usage off a charge. Its 300% better than my one-x which i needed to charge 2 or 3 times a day, thank god its no more :)

It takes so long to charge though :(

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I just played with one at BB tonight. It's nicly built for sure. Speakers sounded nice. One other annoyance I found was the oddly angled top power button. It didn't hsve a good feel at all. I also disliked the flat/flush rocker on the right side. My S 3 works so nicely with finger placement...meaning left thumb easily changes volume and my middle finger can quickly lock the phone etc. via the right button. No annoying top buttons.

I really hoped that seeing this phone in person would change my mind, but sadly it didn't. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I am really, really torn between One and S4. I have upgrade available on May 7th and have to decide by than. Last year I opted for One X and later wished I had gone with S3 instead. Now I might chose S4 and later be sorry I didn't pick HTC One. I don't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol