04-04-2016 03:40 PM
566 ... 212223
tools
    I recently discovered my HTC ONE M7 has dead pixels on the top of the screen (notifications bar, which sucks as you cant access any shortucut to the notifications and need to look for the app on your own) and in the middle of the screen (when there is something to click on that spot i have to scroll up or down where the screen actually works. In some cases the page can't be scrolled down or zoomed therefore I am just screwed without options).
    Turns out this happens 6 months after I got this phone exchanged by HTC (because the original phone I bought had a defective camera with purple color bug). This means the screen of the "new" phone I got has a life span of 6 months without defects only. SIX MONTHS!!
    It seems when HTC replaces your phone for a new one they are just giving you defective products or refurbished products, which will break shortly after.
    09-29-2014 10:45 PM
    I just had my phone replaced through the warranty exchange... The phone worked fine with the exception of making calls. The other person could only hear me if I had my phone on speakerphone. If it wasn't, they said I sounded horrible.
    Obviously some microphone issue, but it turns out my neighbor now is having the same exact problem.

Anyone else?
    10-01-2014 07:44 PM
    Hi guys,

I'm after a little advice if anybody has had similar problems to my girlfriend. Her HTC One had an error causing it to become completely silent on calls on both ends of the line. This was taken to Carphone Warehouse and HTC replaced the handset. The brand new handset started to do the same thing so after having a look online we reset the phone to factory settings. Now the handset will not connect to wifi and from looking online again it needs to be updated to the latest software! Problem is, the latest software takes us back to square one with the silent calls and she cannot connect to wifi to download it in the first place.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what may be causing this or what may fix it? Carphone want to send the handset off for it to be wiped but it sounds like a software issue.

Thanks in advance!
    12-09-2014 03:46 AM
    Weird. The same problem twice. Should be software, but if you already have done factory reset there is no other alternative than sending it to service.
    12-09-2014 05:46 AM
    Thank you. I had a feeling that would be the case but thought I'd see if there was much else I could try first.
    12-09-2014 07:07 AM
    I tried updating my phone to the latest Lollipop update. I'm using an M7. This is what happened:

- Update reached almost half then reset. Stopped again at 1/4th and showed a screen with a red triangle and exclamation.
    - Tried Reboot, Recovery, and Factory Reset from the options once you go to recovery screen.
    - All processes had the same step: HTC screen, blank screen, HTC screen, blank screen, back to red triangle with exclamation screen.

Nothing is working.

WHAT DO I DO?
    03-03-2015 03:20 PM
    I also recently updated my M7 to lollipop 5.0.2/htc sence 6.0/software number 7.19.771.1
    Despite the fact that M7 looked (in my opinion) way better before Lollipop, i now experience a very annoying problem. Home button doesn't function as home button and the only thing is doing is to reply on double tap. (recent apps). And some time not even this. I hard reset it and the problem still exists. I am using Nova Launcher and i never had problems before lollipop. Does anyone have same problem?
    03-07-2015 04:20 AM
    I have the exact same problem, with the same configuration.
    PETER VORDOS likes this.
    03-07-2015 10:39 PM
    So I accidentally stumbled upon a solution: after I switched the screen lock on and off, the home button started to work again.
    03-08-2015 07:04 PM
    I have a question guys! If When I'm on any sense based rom (stock or custom) or any gpe rom (stock or custom) my camera is always laggy in low light (that applies for both the rear and the front facing camera) and if I record a video the FPS is super low wich makes the video useless. But when I'm on a custom AOSP rom (CM,Carbon,Du,AICP) my camera is totally fine! No video FPS drop, no laggy camera! Is there a system file I need to edit or something, becuase I want to be able to use beatsaudio and record nice videos in all light situations!
    06-03-2015 03:11 PM
    Just this morning all media was "not found" by gallery or music player.
    Taking new pictures with camera showed up in gallery.
    Using ES file explorer: checking my DCIM directory still has over 500 photo's/video's in there. Music is also still on phone.
    I tried reboot.
    I installed meda re.scan.
    I also wiped cache and dalvik cache in Recovery
    Nothing helped.
    I am on MaximusHD 52.0.0, Android 5.0.2 with Sense 6
    Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I should look?
    06-16-2015 10:13 PM
    Check if in those folders is a .nomedia file. If it is delete it because that is why media files doesn't appear in gallery or music player.
    06-21-2015 12:01 PM
    HTC ONE M7, and lately it's always warm. Not hot. Sluggish when I try to swipe screens when turning screen on. Battery drains in 4-5 hours. I can't find anything running, disabled all sync. Battery monitor said Facebook was the hog, but sync's off now...? I don't play games, I hate noises and vibrate feedback and any 'notification' I can get my hands on is turned off. It just sits there on my end table and eventually dies if I'm not on the cord.

Like when windows is running some malware scan while Adobe Flash is eating up the CPU of a PC - you might as well just walk away.... It's like that sometimes.

Android version 5.0.2
    HTC Sense 6.0
    Software number 7.23.502.1
    HTC SDK API level 6.55

I did have one issue where my modem was the cause, a year ago. Strangely enough, rebooted modem and wifi and problem fixed. Not this time. I usually put it in airplane mode when I leave - maybe it IS my wifi?

Maybe it's time to get a new phone anyway. I'm on my ex-company's 20% discount tho. Fighting illness from a sick moldy house so do things that make sense at the time, perfectly clear. Until I see the effect - derp! Anyway, got some costly medical, house, and vet tests for pending litigation so if I sound like a miser, I am And I was a software developer before house mold made me stupider than a shoe, so appologies if this is a no-brainer. Did scan the thread.

And Yes, aluminum conducts heat. However where no heat was generated a couple weeks ago and my battery would last 2 days and nothing changed from my perspective - that's the bug.
    07-13-2015 01:56 PM
    I had problems with my HTC One M7 screen brightness and installing Lux Auto Brightness app made a massive amount of difference It hadles auto brightnesses far better than the HTC built in stuff.
    01-09-2016 04:45 AM
    My HTC M7 is having problem with the internet connection. I have 3G/4G connection. I can use WhatApp and Wechat but I can't FB or Google search. If I were to use WIFI, everything is fine. This has been confirmed by my telco that it's HTC software problem. I even change my SIM to another phone, it's ok. Please help. TQ.
    01-26-2016 02:30 AM
    My HTC ONE M7 is getting to be a pain, when WIFI/Data is on the phone will start to reboot, then after reboot it will start doing again in a few mins. I turn WIFI and or data off and the phone is fine. I download podcast most of the time on WIFI, so it's only letting me get maybe 1 or 2 podcasts downloaded before it heats up and reboots. Than I wait for 5-10 mins to see if the phone is cool and start all over again.

Any Ideas on what it could be? I am not able to get a new phone at this time, we just had the house A/C, wife's car and the kitchen range go out on us so money is very very tight.
    04-04-2016 03:40 PM
566 ... 212223