Remove FB from my gallery

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
How do I remove Facebook from my gallery? I don't want to see posts of others in my photo gallery!

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
On a samsung you would go to settings> accounts> facebook> click on your account> un check sync gallery. Not sure on Htc one

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out. I had to completely remove the FB account in the gallery app. I had simply de-clicked the sync grape with no success. I am used Samsung as well.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I figured it out. I had to completely remove the FB account in the gallery app. I had simply de-clicked the sync grape with no success. I am used Samsung as well.

Yeah when you do the contacts sync it automatically puts pictures they post in the gallery. I understand what HTC is doing but it would be nice if it was obvious to remove like in blinkfeed where you just uncheck facebook from showing at all. It's not that obvious it's related to contact sync.

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah when you do the contacts sync it automatically puts pictures they post in the gallery. I understand what HTC is doing but it would be nice if it was obvious to remove like in blinkfeed where you just uncheck facebook from showing at all. It's not that obvious it's related to contact sync.

Based on a previous post here from a few weeks ago, someone mentioned that HTC says it's a known issue (not sure if their source is legit) even when "Sync Photos" is unchecked. I'd like 'em gone too!
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/266206-how-remove-facebook-feed-gallery.html

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The problem came right back as soon as I logged on to the Facebook app. Ugh.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Yea, you can't really disable it unless you don't want to use Facebook... Hopefully future update will correct this.

My solution was to hide the gallery app and use a different app from the play store called Quick Pic. It's not as attractive as the gallery app but doesn't suck in the Facebook pics.

Maseroche

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
My solution was to hide the gallery app and use a different app from the play store called Quick Pic. It's not as attractive as the gallery app but doesn't suck in the Facebook pics.

That it was what I had to do as well. Works perfect and no annoying FB pics.