Remote app tv show question

Rob Penna

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I set up the remote app on my HTC one to work with the various TVs in my house and set my favorite programming. The TV app shows me if the shows I enjoy are on in little tiles in the app. In preview videos I had seen for the phone they showed that pressing these tiles caused the remote to change the channel to the corresponding channel. When I press on these tiles the phone vibrates but nothing else happens. Anyone else run into this? Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

SkyG

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Did you already set it to your receiver? If so just point the phone to the receiver when you press the tile. It has to point that way for the IR blaster to work.

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have this working with their DirecTV receiver? I went through the whole setup process and it powers on my Sharp TV and Onkyo receiver just fine but just vibrates when I try to turn on the DirectTV receiver. Without that, the app is just bout useless. Controlling the volume is about the only useful thing I can do which I could already do with my Onkyo app.

Matt Ranlett

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
You have to make sure that you've selected the right TV profile by clicking the remote icon at the top of the screen. Once you've gotten the TV set up and selected, clicking the Now Playing TV show image will change to that channel for you.

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I finally got all of my buttons customized for my cable box. Almost Works perfectly. The only issue I have, is that on initial setup it only shows non HD channels in the channel guide and also goes only to non HD channels when selecting a thumb nail channel. I have the HD preferred box checked, but that obviously isn't helping.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I finally got all of my buttons customized for my cable box. Almost Works perfectly. The only issue I have, is that on initial setup it only shows non HD channels in the channel guide and also goes only to non HD channels when selecting a thumb nail channel. I have the HD preferred box checked, but that obviously isn't helping.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Were you able to add a button for the "Guide" on DirectTV? I got the app to work with my regular DirecTV boxes but not my main DirecTV DVR box which is the TV I always use.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Were you able to add a button for the "Guide" on DirectTV? I got the app to work with my regular DirecTV boxes but not my main DirecTV DVR box which is the TV I always use.

I had this issue with the One I returned. I got a gs4 and had the same issue. The app on the gs4 is better. Took me through a help session. You most likely need to make sure your main direct tv dvr is set up to recieve ir. Mine was set to just do rf. My new dev htc one should be here this week and betting it will now work. So I would try this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue with the One I returned. I got a gs4 and had the same issue. The app on the gs4 is better. Took me through a help session. You most likely need to make sure your main direct tv dvr is set up to recieve ir. Mine was set to just do rf. My new dev htc one should be here this week and betting it will now work. So I would try this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! That did the trick. The DVR was set up for RF not IR.