MHL adapter working??

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
So I had an already hooked up MHL adapter from my HTC One X+, I still have the phone and the adapter plugged in and when I try and connect my HTC One to it, a popup appears saying I must have the hotspot feature?!? WTH?

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
That's really a wth. I've been using double twist to stream to my Xbox, but it won't play videos recorded on the phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
So I had an already hooked up MHL adapter from my HTC One X+, I still have the phone and the adapter plugged in and when I try and connect my HTC One to it, a popup appears saying I must have the hotspot feature?!? WTH?
Others have had the same issue, something about the AT&T model. Try turning off the radios for wifi and mobile communication and see if it works. One person had success doing that, others have not.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it makes NO sense to require hotspot, since the MHL adapter requires WIFI! If WIFI is on, it'll be using WIFI data!

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Sorry I was trying to type and talk to someone in my office at the same time.. brain fizzeled out for a second.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I think its an ATT issue. My One x+ asks for a connection to hotspot as well when i try to connect it to my HTC Media Link HD, this started after the most recent One X+ update a few weeks ago.
Thank You ATT.. grrrr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol