HTC One and Spotify over Bluetooth

leighfwarren

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I have an htc one and having weird Bluetooth problems. Most of the time I cannot control anything from the cheap car stereo I have. But when working all the controls work fine. Also I get random drop outs while playing music or beyond pod podcasts. The same stereo works fine and the controls work most of the time with my old nexus one. I was hoping the new Bluetooth stack would make the controls work, it should not be this hard just to play something!

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have an HTC One and a 2013 Chevy Spark and have bluetooth issues. I can't use voice control reliably with my steering wheel controls and I could no problem on my Note. This is a huge issue for me and has me seriously considering returning it if I can't get this resolved.

flayzeraynx

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I had same issue today.. just bought my htc one 3 days ago and finally this morning i had some time to sync with bluetooth on my mustang. Everytime i connect, after i turn off the car, it was disconnecting. finally i found that other devices cause a problem.. deleted, and everything works perfectly now

ejmc76

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I am not able to stream spotify or anything other than songs that are saved on the phone and using the stock music player. Sometimes it'll stream about 3 seconds of Spotify and then stop but that's about it. (neither iHeart radio or Youtube work either) Phone calls work just fine and it even works to display my text messages on the nav screen.
My Nexus 4 and galaxy S3 work 100% in my car (The Nexus does not display the text messages but streams just fine)
*2013 MB C250*

I am having the same problem. I have a 2010 Toyota Tundra with bluetooth audio (not the JBL upgrade). I can play music that is stored locally on my phoone through my stereo via bluetooth. It works with Poweramp, as well as the built in music player (the icon is a pair of over ear headphones). However, streaming music services such as Songza or Rdio won't play. At first I thought it might be a compatibility issue between my car stereo and the streaming services, but if I am playing on-board music and then open a streaming music app and hit play, it will play for a couple of seconds and then my car stereo says "Paused" and it will not resume. So, the signal is compatible. The streaming app seems to piggyback on the native player for a few seconds, but then signal is lost when the native player stops. It seems as though Songza and the like are not telling the stereo to play.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
On my Volvo I usually have to turn Bluetooth off and on to get it to connect, which is annoying. But, once it's connected it works well with excellent sound and steering wheel controls work fine.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2012 Scion tC (head unit anyway) and even with my Nexus S I couldn't get Pandora to show the titles nor could I adjust the volume but it does stream (same for any other streaming service). Google music works just fine...
I read around and thought the issue is with 4.1.2 and have been eagerly awaiting 4.2...
Supposedly there is some Bluetooth issue with 4.1???

Posted via Android Central App

Dgree03

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I switched over to Google Music All Access.. and after a few days of use, Spotify is gone.

I know get all track information on my navigation screen and a seamless start/stop function when turning on and off my car. Thanks Google!

itschrisanderson

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Was curious if you were able to see track and artist info on your radio using HTC one?

I was able to do this on my 2013 Scion FRS and iPhone 5, but not on the HTC one. Was unable to change tracks, volume etc. using factory stereo and no track info on stereo LCD display.

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue with Spotify too. In both our Ford cars with Sync, neither allows music to be played via USB. When plugged in it gives some warning about not being able to play protected content. It only will play via Bluetooth. And then it does not display any artist or track information. Ideas?

Daniel van der Veen

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here, with the HTC One and the Parrot MKI 9000 carkit. Streaming doesn't work. With any of my previous phones (HTC Desire, BB Bold, HTC One S, Samsung Tab) I didn't have this issue. It sucks because I use it every day... :(

PaulFH

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I have a 2010 Toyota Tundra with bluetooth audio (not the JBL upgrade). I can play music that is stored locally on my phoone through my stereo via bluetooth. It works with Poweramp, as well as the built in music player (the icon is a pair of over ear headphones). However, streaming music services such as Songza or Rdio won't play. At first I thought it might be a compatibility issue between my car stereo and the streaming services, but if I am playing on-board music and then open a streaming music app and hit play, it will play for a couple of seconds and then my car stereo says "Paused" and it will not resume. So, the signal is compatible. The streaming app seems to piggyback on the native player for a few seconds, but then signal is lost when the native player stops. It seems as though Songza and the like are not telling the stereo to play.

I am seeing exactly the same problem with 2010 Toyota Verso and HTC Desire X when trying to play podcasts using BeyondPod.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks.

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I am seeing exactly the same problem with 2010 Toyota Verso and HTC Desire X when trying to play podcasts using BeyondPod.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks.

2010 Toyota 4runner..Same issues on my GP HTC One.....I ended up going into settings/apps/youtube and hit "remove updates"....it works and plays fine over BT radio.

raphymartinez

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I got rid of the ONE and never did et it to work. I'm sure i'll be picking up the next HTC ONE so we'll see. Currently my Nexus 5, Moto X and Note 3 all work fine in the car

Mojofilter9

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine plays back fine, never tried to control it from the head unit though.
I have my phone in a windscreen holder so it's easier to just go to the phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dadaR6

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmm that is one other person! I wonder where the problem lies? It is really annoying, my Nexus 4 was seamless...
My problem is with a BMW and iDrive

Sorry to bring back this old thread, but I have the same issue with my HTC One.

I am trying to stream music through Bluetooth and I cannot get it to work with apps like Spotify, TuneIn. My phone streams fine the mp3 stored on the phone (played through the HTC Music app), so I know it is possible and it should work, but not with those internet streaming apps.

I tried many time the usual unpair/pair thing, I updated the BMW software to the latest, and still nothing.

Any idea?