Go SMS - Change System Ringtone

amueller

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or can anyone actually change the 'system ringtone'?? I can select it, but the list of ringtones does not pop up :( When I go to the sound settings, I have no problem seeing different ringtones - so it can't be that there are none.

Quite annoying that I have a choice between Silent, Default, Current, and Music. I typically prefer a system ringtone.

I'm not sure if this is Go SMS only as I haven't another SMS program loaded (except default which allows selection of a system ringtone without issue)

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Open GoSMS>Settings>Notification settings>Default Notification Settings>Select Ringtone (Ringtone & Vibration Settings)>System Ringtone>Will bring up your ringtones in your "notifications" folder where you choose a ringtone and save.
You can also configure individual ringtones in Settings>Individual Settings>And here you can configure ringtones for certain contacts.

amueller

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Open GoSMS>Settings>Notification settings>Default Notification Settings>Select Ringtone (Ringtone & Vibration Settings)>System Ringtone>Will bring up your ringtones in your "notifications" folder where you choose a ringtone and save.
You can also configure individual ringtones in Settings>Individual Settings>And here you can configure ringtones for certain contacts.

That's what I'm saying... when I do that, it brings up nothing :) I have had Go SMS for about 2 years now (I think) and it always worked. When I click 'System Ringtone' nothing pops up - no list. doesn't work for individual either.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
That's what I'm saying... when I do that, it brings up nothing :) I have had Go SMS for about 2 years now (I think) and it always worked. When I click 'System Ringtone' nothing pops up - no list. doesn't work for individual either.
That's very strange. I have five choices: Silent, Default, Current, System, and Music.
Are you using GoSMSPro?

amueller

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
That's very strange. I have five choices: Silent, Default, Current, System, and Music.
Are you using GoSMSPro?

I have those choices, yes :) But when I click on 'System', there is no popup to select the system ringtone. There should be a popup with all the system ringtones in a radio-list for me to select.

cmunic8r99

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have those choices, yes :) But when I click on 'System', there is no popup to select the system ringtone. There should be a popup with all the system ringtones in a radio-list for me to select.

Try selecting Music?

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

jacedhartis

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same thing on my one. When I select system there is no popup to select a file. Been using gosms pro with my one X and no issue.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
GoSMS>Settings>Notification Settings>Default Notification Settings>
Screenshot_2013-04-24-17-08-42_zpsc3569b67.png

System Ringtone:
Screenshot_2013-04-24-17-08-48_zps8ba15273.png

Select Ringtone:
Screenshot_2013-04-24-17-38-11_zpsec7a9f2a.png

xJDRUMx

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I used ZEDGE and set my notification tone through that and it seemed to work. I also set GoSMS as my default for everything just in case it doesn't work without that.

madonna31

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded a song and created a folder titled Notifications. Under my sound settings i copied the downloaded song to this new folder i created. Under contacts i can set this song to a specific person for a text message alert,but it plays the whole song. Is there a way to shorten it? Samsung avant android

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy