App updates

hamzie11

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey
sorry im not sure this is the right thread
ive set my app update to automatic when connected to wifi
however none of the apps seem to be updating?
i go to the playstore, my apps and i see a few have updates pending and i have to do it manually

any suggestions?
thanks

pmp6nl

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Do those apps have permission changes? That requires manual updating. Is the box ticked that says allow automatic updating (on the apps that arent auto updating)?

hamzie11

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Do those apps have permission changes? That requires manual updating. Is the box ticked that says allow automatic updating (on the apps that arent auto updating)?

Sorry im really new to android so im really slow :p
in the playstore auto-update is ticked

how do i check if each app has permission to update?
thanks

Also ive come from windows phone, where the marketplace live tile will display a number, corresponding to the no. of apps that need updating
is there anything similar for the playstore, where I can know how many apps need updating without having to open the playstore? (as in just a quick glance at the home screen)

poncewattle

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I've noticed this too. I manually updated a few apps by clicking them in my list of apps in the app store.

Not sure why they aren't auto-updating...

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Apps that have permission changes require manual updating regardless of whether or not you have chosen to do auto app updates. An example of a permission change would be an app that is requesting access to contact info, when the app had previously not asked for permission to access contacts. It is a security feature that makes sure the user is accepting any new permissions that an app is now requesting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084