Anyone know how to get the black bar at the bottom of apps to go away?

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I know there was a way to do this on my one x, but can't seem to figure it out on the one. Anyone know how?

Sent from there can only be HTC One

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I know there was a way to do this on my one x, but can't seem to figure it out on the one. Anyone know how?

Sent from there can only be HTC One
Email the developer and ask they to update their app to meet the Google specs. That bar appears because the app is looking for a menu button on the phone which Google asked handset makers to remove.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Cool, thanks guys. The ac forum app has it, hope they update it soon.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Cool, thanks guys. The ac forum app has it, hope they update it soon.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

AC has said publicly that they are working on a new app. Also, the AC Forums app is by tapatalk, so it is tapatalk that needs to update

Can we get one of these threads stickied so we don't have a new one 3 times a day?

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I actually dont understand what you guys are referring to? Do you mean the when you open the app drawer and the dock displaying phone,messaging, internet, and camera is still visible ??

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually dont understand what you guys are referring to? Do you mean the when you open the app drawer and the dock displaying phone,messaging, internet, and camera is still visible ??

See that black bar with three dots, that.

aqa6arys.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh now i see, I dont recall seeing this much but i have seen it on the facebook app in particular alright, if i remember correctly tapping it didnt do anything!! kinda annoying alright!! Thanks for the pic btw :)

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe people are making such a big deal about this transitional screen element to be honest. After hearing so much about it I was expecting it to be a real nuisance, but after using it I just don't get what the big deal is.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe people are making such a big deal about this transitional screen element to be honest. After hearing so much about it I was expecting it to be a real nuisance, but after using it I just don't get what the big deal is.

I agree. People are complaining mostly because of the screen being used. If they have a 4.7 inch screen, they want the entire thing to be used for content and not a menu bar. I however, am like you in that it doesn't not bother me.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought this phone yesterday and I do not have this issue. Does it only appear on certain programs?

It's not an issue. You'll see it on any app that hasn't been modified to Google's latest specs. Apps that have been, you won't see it.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I agree. I was expecting it to be much more obnoxious based on what I had read. Is it annoying? Yes. Is it the bane of my existance? Not quite.

I bought this phone yesterday and I do not have this issue. Does it only appear on certain programs?

It only appears in programs that haven't updated to use Google's new menu system where it is intergrated into the app design instead of relying on a hardware button. Facebook is a good example.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Email the developer and ask they to update their app to meet the Google specs. That bar appears because the app is looking for a menu button on the phone which Google asked handset makers to remove.

That is odd.. Is this just with the HTC One? On my S3 I don't see that bar.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366820014280.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366820014280.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 63

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I agree. People are complaining mostly because of the screen being used. If they have a 4.7 inch screen, they want the entire thing to be used for content and not a menu bar. I however, am like you in that it doesn't not bother me.
Yeah. I really hope people direct their displeasure towards the app developers and request them to update their apps. There's not much HTC can do if it's already following the latest guidelines, and the devs aren't updating their apps.

TourATL

May 17, 2011
Visit site

I think for me its just sort of like, it doesn't need to be there, and the devs have basically decided we're not worth the effort of fixing their app. Before I got the phone I anticipated seeing this in legacy apps that hadn't been updated since Google changed the standard. But lots of recently and frequently updated apps have the issue, lending me to think instead that they just don't care enough to fix their app. And that, moreso than the aesthetics of it, annoys me.

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I think for me its just sort of like, it doesn't need to be there, and the devs have basically decided we're not worth the effort of fixing their app. Before I got the phone I anticipated seeing this in legacy apps that hadn't been updated since Google changed the standard. But lots of recently and frequently updated apps have the issue, lending me to think instead that they just don't care enough to fix their app. And that, moreso than the aesthetics of it, annoys me.
Yup. Do the Google apps have the bar too? Are there any apps that actually conform to the latest guidelines?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams