Whatsapp on HTC One

anon(5926630)

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
This is my first Android phone. i am coming from iPhone. In the contact list section, there are different platforms that you can choose your contact lists to be imported from. I am trying to remove some contacts from my WhatsApp contact list, however it is not letting me. Does anyone know how to remove them? I have no contacts saved on my SIM card either.

Thanks.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I may not be entirely understanding what you are saying but I will give it a stab since nobody else has chimed in. If you go to People at the top there should be a drop down menu that says Phonebook, here you can select sources for contacts. I don't have WhatsApp so I deselected everything except Facebook to try to delete a contact. All I did was long press the contacts name and was presented with a pop up and one of the options is Delete contact. Hope this helps.

Ianb007

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I think you have to go into the Whatsapp and do it from there. However the Whatsapp contact list is built from the contacts profile so in some cases you would have to remove the contact entirely from your whatsapp contact list.

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
This is my first Android phone. i am coming from iPhone. In the contact list section, there are different platforms that you can choose your contact lists to be imported from. I am trying to remove some contacts from my WhatsApp contact list, however it is not letting me. Does anyone know how to remove them? I have no contacts saved on my SIM card either.

Thanks.
If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to remove some contacts from your WhatsApp list?

I haven't used the Android app, but the iPhone app doesn't let you delete contacts either (at least as far as I know). It just populates the list based on your phone's contacts, and when you delete your phone's contacts, it gets removed from your app too. I'm guessing the Android app works in a similar manner, but with more options.

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
hi all you do is make sure that the whats app contacts are selected then just hold down on that contact choose from the list of options del contact

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
hi all you do is make sure that the whats app contacts are selected then just hold down on that contact choose from the list of options del contact

I just tried that and nothing. The only option is to block the contact.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread, but can you only use WhatsApp with other contacts that have WhatsApp? I'd like to use it as my go-to messenger, but it only lists about a dozen of my contacts.

KidB80

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I know what you are talking about and I have the exact same problem and it's annoying. I have these whatsapp contacts and you can't delete them. You can hold down on them and there's no option to delete in your phone book. I have a HTC Sensation XE. They are all saved on a list that says whatsapp so unticking them hides them but still I wanna get rid of a lot of them. Any help would be welcome. Cheers KB

BiG TiGGATRON

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem but I think I've solved it... Kind of. As mentioned before you can delete whatsapp contacts after deleting the people contact. However you can uncheck whatssapp contacts from the multiple source menu at the top left of the people screen. All those with whatsapp account linked to a contact will show up in the individual contacts themselves. All others will be removed from sight if not linked to another contact entry. If the person your deleting still has you as a whatsapp contact I think they remain in your list. Or at least it appears that way for us HTC One'ers.

jolibah

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
So is there no way NOT to have the whatsapp icon in your contacts? Most of my contacts have whatsapp and I therefore see the green icon but why? I selected only Google so I should have a say about what to display or not in my contacts? Or am I being totally anal?

Thanks!

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
So is there no way NOT to have the whatsapp icon in your contacts? Most of my contacts have whatsapp and I therefore see the green icon but why? I selected only Google so I should have a say about what to display or not in my contacts? Or am I being totally anal?

Thanks!

I guess I don't see what exactly the issue is. Is the icon being there causing a performance issue?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

shining diamond

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks.

Hey..
Well I had that problem and I have solved it easily.. just go to the whatsapp .. then settings then contacts .. and then untick the " show all contacts" ..

That's it .. go to contacts in the what'app list and the contacts you ddon't want will be disappeared.

Daley Carter

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem and came across this thread after a quick Google search.

I managed to solve the issue like this:

Open the phone app and open the 'people' tab.
Press the 3 dot menu button in the top right.
Press 'open account settings'
Press on the WhatsApp account.
Press the 3 dot menu button next to the WhatsApp account and select 'remove account'.

After that it will automatically re-add and resync the WhatsApp account, having removed the contacts you had previously deleted in your phone book

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol