04-08-2018 03:53 PM
45 12
tools
    ok,now everybody seems to have ganged up on the op calling him a troll etc,purely because you haven't experienced the problem yourselves. i signed up purely to say that i have the same problem. i have around 50 albums on my htc one.some play great,some are rather a lot quieter than they should be with beats turned on.turn beats off,and the volume greatly increases,but with obvious loss of quality.in call volume and speakerphone are also pretty quiet. am i trolling too? lol. no. so please can people stop being bell ends and try to help with a solution for the people who have these problems?
    you wouldn't get this on xda! (trololol)
    mmednick1 and drsjka like this.
    08-20-2013 10:40 AM
    your phone is defective
    08-20-2013 02:33 PM
    I normally don't like telling my trade secrets to everyone; but you folks seem like a great group of guys & gals, so here's my secret to a louder speaker.....

HOLD IT CLOSER TO YOUR EAR!
    08-20-2013 03:58 PM
    The front facing speakers are nice a clear on my unit, but I wouldn't say they're overly loud.
    08-20-2013 07:06 PM
    The front facing speakers are nice a clear on my unit, but I wouldn't say they're overly loud.
    same here.
    09-16-2013 09:06 AM
    I also agree with the OP that the speakers aren't very loud - and I have proof.

I have my Lumia 920 and HTC One in front of me - playing the exact same song - and the Lumia 920 is most definitely louder. I only started noticing this problem when trying to watch Netflix with a fan on in my room. Does anyone know any way to boost the volume without rooting?
    09-17-2013 01:13 AM
    The Xperia Z1 blows the hell out of the One in terms of loudness,I can barely hear my One ringing in the gym even with loudness mods.

09-17-2013 02:07 AM
    I use equalizer FX with beats off.... definitely pumps up the volume a tad.
    09-17-2013 04:18 AM
    The Xperia Z1 blows the hell out of the One in terms of loudness,I can barely hear my One ringing in the gym even with loudness mods.

Everytime I want to like the Z1 those massive bezels convince me otherwise.
    09-17-2013 12:57 PM
    i think the speakers are more than good enough.

Maybe you could first try cleaning ear wax, otherwise get your ears checked and if that fails, try a portable speaker
    09-17-2013 02:00 PM
    I can certainly tell the difference from my nexus 4 to the HTC one. The one has amazing sound quality and clarity. Kudos to HTC.
    09-24-2013 01:15 PM
    It depends which ringtone, some are so loud that it hurts my ears yet some notifications aren't loud enough.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

I have a HTC one and I have found that over time my speakers have gotten lower and lower, I don't know any solution. No apps work with it.
    01-27-2014 09:31 PM
    Finally I got a good loudness using Viper4Android and +4db in loudness,the sound is crystal clear and loud,you can try louder like +6db but sound will distort a little.
    It's also useful for BT
    01-28-2014 02:02 AM
    I wanted to chime in and say I have the same problem with the HTC One mini: The speakers are loud and relatively clear (for a mobile phone, anyway) in everything except the Phone app. When I am talking to someone on the phone it is pretty quiet, even without much background noise. When I switch to speakerphone it is somewhat better, but not nearly as loud as it should or can be and not as loud as it needs to be in some situations with a lot of background noise. The default Phone app is just set artificially low.

I did notice in the Call options a "Hearing aids" box that says "Attention: Enabling HAC will amplify in-call volume", but I assume this interfaces directly with a hearing aid only because checking it does not amplify the call volume through the speakers.
    02-07-2014 08:35 AM
    This person isn't a troll I have gone from having a rubbish black berry to the HTC one and it is an amazing fone but the sound isn't Wat I wud call BOOMSOUND
    02-10-2014 04:31 AM
    I've bought a new HTC One Mini and it came in stock with andoird 4.2, I was pretty impressed about the entire thing UNTILL.. I made the regretable update to 4.4 Kitkat... Now my phone is QUIET!! I think it's the most quieter phone comparing to all of them... And the thing is!! I can't go back to 4.2... this sucks...
    06-17-2014 12:07 PM
    Cmon guys I know these speakers can go louder. Anyone come up with a solution yet.
    Do you suffer from Otitis Media? I do, and I still find that the speakers are loud.
    06-20-2014 01:46 AM
    Different people have different perceptions of what is too loud, or not loud enough. I found that the Moto G and the LG G2 are considerably louder than the HTC One. I agree with the original comment. The HTC One may have good audio, but it is not loud enough in noisy locations. Its the size and design of the speakers that is important, simple basic engineering and quality components, not some WOW-factor features. If you are looking for stronger audio output, do your own test. Most Motorola products and LG products have stronger audio outputs. Try it yourself.
    07-30-2014 01:02 AM
    This thread is a joke right? You must have a bad unit, id go get it looked at.
    Beats on, my phone is still too loud for me, one notch above mute with music playing. 2 notches above mute and my ringtones scream across the whole house. I accidentally had Speakerphone on and tried to call someone, I was deaf in that ear for a good 20 minutes. If anything I consider this a problem. This phone is TOO loud, to the point where it frustrated me. But my friends are jealous since they all have I phones and get mad when I play music. I even applied an equalizer and it got better and my one friend up and said "**** off" and left.
    I have had 4 HTCs. I compared my M8 to the M9 I set up today. The old model is able to be turned up considerably louder than the M9, but with less richness. I'm concluding that these handsets are not of equal quality, in this dialog. God bless China.
    Going to take it in to a retail store and compare to the floor model and debate if the overheating in addition to the inferior speaker on mine, warrants a return & refund.
    01-28-2016 10:23 PM

Watch this video for full cleaning tutorial of htc speakers
    04-08-2018 03:53 PM
45 12