Bluetooth headset...dialer "flashes" message then disappears

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Paired two different Jawbone Icon bt headsets. With the Evo LTE they would invoke "Say the name or number you wish to dial" and then confirm you wanted to dial that by long push on headset button. Currently all I see is a quick flash of the screen saying that and then it disappears. Sometimes it comes back with voice message in headset saying "I didn't catch that" like it was listening, but no amount of trying to convince the One to dial this way seems to work.
Any ideas?
(I updated software from Jawbone to the Icon... no effect)

lanstar

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Did you ever find a solution? My Jawbone headset is doing exactly the same thing on my EVO 4G LTE with the latest MeanBean ROM. If I restore the phone to a backup I made in Feb of this year (2013) then it works fine until the next time I do updates from the play store. I suspect Google Search is the culprit but that's nothing more than a guess. Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth headset...dialer "flashes" message then disappears

I have/had this issue. What you have to do is go into settings>apps>all>google search>uninstall updates>reboot. This will uninstall the updates to google search and your BT will work fine again. Make sure that you go into the Play store and uncheck automatic updates for Google search so it doesn't keep updating screwing up BT. The only downside I found to doing this is that you lose the Google Now widget.

I drive a truck for a living and BT is essential. HTC is the only manufacturer of phones I've purchased from that has had BT issues out of the box. I'm not blaming HTC this time nor am I blaming Google but this better get fixed somehow. For CDL drivers, it is a $2500 fine for even touching a phone while driving if you get caught.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you ever find a solution? My Jawbone headset is doing exactly the same thing on my EVO 4G LTE with the latest MeanBean ROM. If I restore the phone to a backup I made in Feb of this year (2013) then it works fine until the next time I do updates from the play store. I suspect Google Search is the culprit but that's nothing more than a guess. Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hope my post works for ya.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

I have/had this issue. What you have to do is go into settings>apps>all>google search>uninstall updates>reboot. This will uninstall the updates to google search and your BT will work fine again. Make sure that you go into the Play store and uncheck automatic updates for Google search so it doesn't keep updating screwing up BT. The only downside I found to doing this is that you lose the Google Now widget.

I drive a truck for a living and BT is essential. HTC is the only manufacturer of phones I've purchased from that has had BT issues out of the box. I'm not blaming HTC this time nor am I blaming Google but this better get fixed somehow. For CDL drivers, it is a $2500 fine for even touching a phone while driving if you get caught.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope my post works for ya.

Just a thought - in Google Now settings there is a checkbox to enable bluetooth headset - does it solve the problem either checked or unchecked?

kconover

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Replaced my HTC EVO 4G LTE with an HTC ONE. Bluetooth dialing worked flawlessly before, now I get the same "flash" of the app screen, and occasionally a "didn't catch that." When I can get it to dail - rarely - it never gets the right contact. Clicking the "enable bluetooth" box in Google Now (which is supposed to be for bluetooth recording) doesn't help. Doesn't work with a Jawbone ERA or Parrot CK3100, both of which worked before. And even though Settings > Bluetooth says I'm connected to the Jawbone ERA, playing music with the default player doesn't work... looks like it's playing, but no sound out of the earphone. Plays fine over phone's internal speaker if not connected to the earphone. Sounds like a Bluetooth problem and maybe not specifically a dialer problem.

kconover

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Update: Tried a variety of things I found on the web, including installing Bluetooth Launch and using it to specifically launch Google Now/Voice Search. That worked in a sense, in that pressing the button on either my ERA or my Parrot handsfree kit launched the right app. But the mike on the phone was listening, not the mike on the bluetooth headset or the handsfree kit. Limited usefulness. I went back and tried many different things with the "stock" Jelly Bean 4.1.2 dialer. I found the following workaround. Press the bluetooth voice dialing button. Count slowly to five. Then, speak your message such as "Call Betty Pauline Thomas at home." (BTW, making sure you use middle names in your Contacts, at least for people you call frequently, makes recognition a _lot_ more reliable.) When it then says "Call Betty Pauline Thomas at home? Say OK or Cancel" again count to five slowly and say "OK." I tried counting to three and counting to four and that didn't work, has to be five. And don't count too fast, or out loud. If others find the same solution works, then maybe the Android team can work on this now that it's (maybe) identified as a latency issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34