Call quality, does it kinda suck?

PittsDriver

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't feel like the call quality is as good as it can be. How does it compare to other HTC phones? I feel like it isn't as good as by iPhone 5.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I called someone the moment I got out of the store with mine and they remarked on how clear the audio was (This was standing outside on an extremely windy day at a large mall).

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've honestly only made like 1 phone call using the actual phone's speakers. The rest have been through the included headset or my car's (really awesome) bluetooth radio.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm on t-mobile and the few calls I've made were crystal clear and as good if not better than any other cell phone I've ever had. (And I've run through my share of cell phones... <.< )

Hip2u77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine is being exchanged in about 20 minutes as the call quality sucks. Very muffled sounding. It does sound better with Beats Audio off, and while I can't hear any problems on my end two different people, both with Sprint like myself, have said I was breaking up and they could only catch every third word. This is an area with perfect signal.

I'll try another and see what happens.

I had to go back to my OG Evo 4G as the Evo 4g LTE and S3 both had lousy reception. I really hope I don't have to do the same as this is the only phone I've liked since the OG Evo.

Update: I exchanged mine and figured out my other phone was defective. This new one takes substantially better pictures in low light, is quite a bit louder, and I don't break up is the areas I did before. I called the same two people in the same area and they could hear me clearer and without breaking up, but the ear piece still sounds muffled to me compared to my Evo 4G. For anyone is the audio editing world. . . it sounds compressed and not at all "airy". It's a very dry and lifeless sound. It's draining and wears you out like a bad set of headphones. My Evo 4G was crisp and clear and I could talk for hours without fatigue. . . if you could take the heat.

With all that said, I think this one might have a problem with its antenna as I show less bars everywhere I go now, and I've had a couple text message that didn't send. I've never had that problem with any phone in the last few years. I'll test it over a couple days to make sure it's not some weird coincidence.

As for the camera. . . my wife has an iPhone 4s and we both took pictures of our dog, without the flash, using our 50" plasma for light and mine is almost as bright as if I used the flash and hers is so dark it's useless. My first "One" would take the picture but it was so grainy that it was also useless. So, if yours is taking grainy photos indoors then go check out another one as it might be defective. For the record I was using the "night" setting and she was on auto as she said hers didn't have a "night" setting.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton