Pairing ps3 controller with the HTC One using an OTG Cable NO ROOTING!

Hurley6178

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey all. So i'm attempting something that is supposed to be simple, and i know can be done.

I went through the trouble of buying an OTG cable so I didn't have to root my brand new HTC One (voiding warranty and **** scares me, I bricked my old phone). And i'm trying to pair my ps3 controller to the HTC One. All videos with numerous different phones just showing people plugging it in, pushing the PS button and it pairs. I would think the HTC One would be more than capable, but with it being so new I don't know if anyone has tried it. So hoping to find someone out there who has done it on the HTC One and can confirm it works or on another phone and can help me out.

Right now when I connect it everything looks right on the controller 4 blinking lights showing it's charging, but a message on the phone says "unable to charge device, please use the supported charger". BTW I am using the usb cable that came with the phone and an otg cable I bought offline. Maybe it's the cable cuz it's cheap chinese crap but just seeing if anyone can help me or has done it on this phone so far. Thank in advance for any help.

Hurley

Hurley6178

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
A little extra information. I was curious to see if maybe my phone didn't have the whatever it is that's needed for this to work like USB capabilities. But people said if mice/keyboard and stuff work than a ps3 controller should. And I plugged my Razr deathadder mouse into my phone and it worked instantly with no software to anything. It was actually really cool to see. So knowing this makes me believe the phone is CAPABLE just something wrong. So though I would throw that in there. Thanks again for any information.

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey I have exactly the same issue, with all the previous android devices including htc, I have never had a problem. But when I try with my ONE it gives me the "please use the supported charger" notification. Been searching the net for a fix but cannot find anything at the minute. My guess because the device is still new and a lot of people are still waiting to get there's. fingers crossed we can find a fix for this. If I find anything ill shall post on here.

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I got the cable but it still a dead end. :( I think rooting is going to be only option.
I haven't had a an android phone for a while, glad to be back. My last one was the HTC desire s and my previous phones before that I have rooted so back to it I think.

freemenis

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I have tried the same on rooted htc one, it is not working.

Try using sixaxis compatibility checker first, chances are it is not supported at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci