HTC One owns the S4 on pocketnow.com

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm really happy to see the HTC One doing so well in these head to heads! I'll finally have mine today (I've been out of town, while it's sitting and waiting for me at my home). Really looking forward to finally spending some time with what is an awesome device by all accounts!

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
They sound bitter and now and more like the iphone crowd e.g. "extra features are gimmicks" "who cares about removable batteries and sd cards?" and "by this phone is so much better looking"

I personally buy phones based on capabilities and that's where the one falls short.

Why couldn't they come with new features besides blink feed?

Do something to stand out.

If the one had Samsung's features, removable battery (as all phones should have), it would be the best phone ever.

People always told this lie that "without a removable battery you can get a larger capacity battery inside the phone so it results in better battery life" but then look what happened - Samsung proved it to be a lie, they have the bigger battery AND is removable. Tell another lie HTC!

Funny how phones have been made out of plastic for YEARS but it's a crime when Samsung does it...

Whenever you're on top of your game it's always someone less fortunate that has a major problem with it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
They sound bitter and now and more like the iphone crowd e.g. "extra features are gimmicks" "who cares about removable batteries and sd cards?" and "by this phone is so much better looking"

I personally buy phones based on capabilities and that's where the one falls short.

If the one had Samsung's features, removable battery (as all phones should have), it would be the best phone ever.

People always told this lie that "without a removable battery you can get a larger capacity battery inside the phone so it results in better battery life" but then look what happened - Samsung proved it to be a lie, they have the bigger battery AND is removable. Tell another lie HTC!

Funny how phones have been made out of plastic for YEARS but it's a crime when Samsung does it...

Whenever you're on top of your game it's always someone less fortunate that has a major problem with it

You sound hurt!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

satannik

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
A first review that the HTC one wins from someone who has never been heard of.

Sent from my HTC Vivid Borked using Android Central forums

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Never even heard of "pocketnow". Are they even a relevant site or just some small time fanboy owned site? I sure don't put any weight on any "reviews" done by some offbeat websites.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

Some users do not feel the need for a removable battery,so this is a personal preference,does not take away from performance,my gripe with Samsung phones is the radios and screen,the s3 and note2 screen is not that great,cannot pass judgement on the S4,but it comes down to needs but to say the S4 is better then the One is opinion not fact.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
You sound hurt!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Why would I be hurt?

It's a bunch of people that hate Samsung despite the fact that they created the better phone and with more features.

Still a slower cpu, smaller battery, fewer features, non removable battery, no expansion.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
IMO...The One might not have all the crazy features that the SG4 has, but it's an overall better phone. The build, the IR Blaster, the camera, less bloat, no lag, the screen and the sound is way better than the SG4. The HTC One's features that it has..such as the camera and speakers/sound is some of the features that I know, I'll use almost everyday. Unlike the features of the SG4, their just battery drainers. When I had the GS3 and the Note 2, I barely used any of those features. To me the features that Samsung implements is what I call "Show Off Features" not something you'll use every single day. And even though the HTC One has no SD Card slot, let's face it...32GB is enough for the normal user and it's $199. The S4 32GB is I believe $250 on some carriers and more on others. And lets not forget even though the S4 can take a SD Card, I don't believe you can install apps to the SD Card like you could before.

I'm waiting to see the threads people start making about the lag on the SG4, the bloatware and yes the locked bootloader...

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

They sound bitter about some of these 'features' because all the Samsung fanboys do nothing but bash the One for these reasons.

Sent from my awesome HTC One B-)

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Why would I be hurt?

It's a bunch of people that hate Samsung despite the fact that they created the better phone and with more features.

Still a slower cpu, smaller battery, fewer features, non removable battery, no expansion.

The Ones battery life is better for browsing so can't be that far behind, the s4 runs a bigger screen and higher clocked processor.

The cpu manages to run the One with no lag, apparently the s4 isn't quicker than the One and lags sometimes (I've not used the s4)

And I can't be arsed to respond to the removable battery/SD card argument again. ;)

Enjoy your s4, I'll enjoy my One.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
People are uber excited about the One speakers. I've heard them, and they are nice (still small/tinny sounding), but other than trying to show it off by showing freinds/fam video/sound clips,do people really plan on utilizing the speakers day to day? I know for me, I use my phone to talk to people via the earpiece, listen to music via headphones, and that' pretty much makes up 99% of my sound usage. So yes, some folks love to brag to people about "how cool" this new feature is, but at the end of the day, how often do you need to use tiny stereo speakers on a phone??

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
People are uber excited about the One speakers. I've heard them, and they are nice (still small/tinny sounding), but other than trying to show it off by showing freinds/fam video/sound clips,do people really plan on utilizing the speakers day to day? I know for me, I use my phone to talk to people via the earpiece, listen to music via headphones, and that' pretty much makes up 99% of my sound usage. So yes, some folks love to brag to people about "how cool" this new feature is, but at the end of the day, how often do you need to use tiny stereo speakers on a phone??
I use my speakers for listening to music, and I talk on speakerphone quite often. The One's speakers just are so much better than anything else out there, even if you're planning on watching just a couple of videos or listen to music occasionally.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

How often will anyone be using half the features the S4 has? Are you going to walk around with the translator thing running? This type of argument is equally applicable to both devices.

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Small and tinny? Compared to what? For the size of the device they're way above the rest. I personally dont ever use headphones, but I know most people do. I use the external speakers mostly when playing music in the garden or you tube vids both friends. Loud stereo speakers make racing games awesome too.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site

I use mine a lot...at work I sometimes have music playing, I show off video clips to my co-workers and family, I use the phone as an alarm clock..etc...must i go on..lol

Now ask yourself...how often will you use the features of the S4..oh wait, the S4 allows the user to play their finger not far from the screen and view the email...wtf. Why not go ahead and just touch the screen, I mean your finger is already there. Oh and by the way the S4 Air gestures or whatever the feature is called, only works on certain apps...not all.

anon(41962)

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I can only comment on this from personal experience. I just came to the one from a GS3, before that GNEX, and GS2 before that. As soon as I got my GS3 I flashed CM10 onto it because personally I cannot stand Touchwiz (Personal opinion). I find all of the eye tracking and gestures are mostly gimmicks that never work as intended.

Since getting the ONE I have actually had no desire to get rid of sense 5. Back when I had a evo & evo 3d I despised sense and would always flash AOSP. But Sense 5 is refreshing and works great IMO. Blink feed doesnt bother me as I don't use it. I can not even begin to explain the craftmanship that went into this phone , It is beyond beautiful in both its design and the screen quality.

The bottom line is that people will like the ONE, and some people will like the S4 (beauty of android), but that you S4 fans felt the need to come onto a HTC ONE forum and try to defend a phone you don't even have yet SPEAKS VOLUMES.

P.S. Pocketnow.com is a very reputable website from way back in the windows phone days. They aren't some biased fan boy blog.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I can only comment on this from personal experience. I just came to the one from a GS3, before that GNEX, and GS2 before that. As soon as I got my GS3 I flashed CM10 onto it because personally I cannot stand Touchwiz (Personal opinion). I find all of the eye tracking and gestures are mostly gimmicks that never work as intended.

Since getting the ONE I have actually had no desire to get rid of sense 5. Back when I had a evo & evo 3d I despised sense and would always flash AOSP. But Sense 5 is refreshing and works great IMO. Blink feed doesnt bother me as I don't use it. I can not even begin to explain the craftmanship that went into this phone , It is beyond beautiful in both its design and the screen quality.

The bottom line is that people will like the ONE, and some people will like the S4 (beauty of android), but that you S4 fans felt the need to come onto a HTC ONE forum and try to defend a phone you don't even have yet SPEAKS VOLUMES.

P.S. Pocketnow.com is a very reputable website from way back in the windows phone days. They aren't some biased fan boy blog.

I actually use it. I detest pretty much all software that is not AOSP or Linux. Blinkfeed though? Neat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674