Using Blink Feed with Alternate Launchers - here is how

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Figured out a way to use blink feed with 3rd party launchers (at least ADW, I assume others can as well)

Using ADW, i created a custom shortcut to an activity. That activity was the Sense 5 launcher. When I click the shortcut it takes me to blink feed.

I deleted all the sense 5 launcher pages except blink feed.

When I hit home it goes back to my ADW home.

Will post screen shots tonight.

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
can't make it happen with Go Launcher. the only shortcuts i can create are for apps in the app drawer (which there is not one for Sense) or widgets. not a problem though because i prefer flipboard to blinkfeed.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
For those happier with flipboard, fine. I have just been hearing that some people actually like blinkfeed. My initial impression wasn't that good and I installed a launcher the first day I had the phone, losing the ability to evaluate it.

Since then, I have read some comments by some smart people that they acutally liked blink feed. So, I wanted to go back and give it a look.

Maybe pair down the feeds to stuff I really care about, get rid of the facebook feed and give it another shot.

I have used flip board before, but was never really happy with it either.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
can't make it happen with Go Launcher. the only shortcuts i can create are for apps in the app drawer (which there is not one for Sense) or widgets. not a problem though because i prefer flipboard to blinkfeed.

Does go launcher allow shortcuts to activities- or other elements beside applications? ADW won't let me create an app shortcut either, but I got around it using the activity shortcut.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
For those happier with flipboard, fine. I have just been hearing that some people actually like blinkfeed. My initial impression wasn't that good and I installed a launcher the first day I had the phone, losing the ability to evaluate it.

Since then, I have read some comments by some smart people that they acutally liked blink feed. So, I wanted to go back and give it a look.

Maybe pair down the feeds to stuff I really care about, get rid of the facebook feed and give it another shot.

I have used flip board before, but was never really happy with it either.

One thing would make Blinkfeed MUCH better. In Blinkfeed, if you want to Like or Comment on a Facebook post, or tweet in Twitter, it takes you from Blinkfeed into the respective apps, which results in a slight delay, and more apps open. In Flipboard, you can Like, comment and tweet within Flipboard itself. Much more seamless.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
One thing would make Blinkfeed MUCH better. In Blinkfeed, if you want to Like or Comment on a Facebook post, or tweet in Twitter, it takes you from Blinkfeed into the respective apps, which results in a slight delay, and more apps open. In Flipboard, you can Like, comment and tweet within Flipboard itself. Much more seamless.

Well, since I deleted the facebook feed and don't twitter except in very rare occasions, those issues won't affect me. Now if they get a G+ feed, that would make it much better

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Figured out a way to use blink feed with 3rd party launchers (at least ADW, I assume others can as well)

Using ADW, i created a custom shortcut to an activity. That activity was the Sense 5 launcher. When I click the shortcut it takes me to blink feed.

I deleted all the sense 5 launcher pages except blink feed.

When I hit home it goes back to my ADW home.

Will post screen shots tonight.

Awesome find!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

csjasona

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Did you manage to getthe settings so that pressing the home button in blink feed takes you back to.Nova?

works.for going from Nova to blink Feed but can't get back into.Nova by pressing home.

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Did you manage to getthe settings so that pressing the home button in blink feed takes you back to.Nova?

works.for going from Nova to blink Feed but can't get back into.Nova by pressing home.

If you can't get back to Nova by pressing Home, and if you have to swipe to a second homescreen and tap a Nova icon to get there, then it's not worth doing. Is it giving you a pop-up asking which Launcher you want: Sense or Nova?

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
If you can't get back to Nova by pressing Home, and if you have to swipe to a second homescreen and tap a Nova icon to get there, then it's not worth doing. Is it giving you a pop-up asking which Launcher you want: Sense or Nova?

Works fine in Nova. I am not sure what problem you are having but click the icon to go to blinkfeed. Hit home and takes you back to nova home. Not additional swipes/clicks/or anything, just flawless execution. If it isn't working for you you have done something wrong.

Here is the link to the setup for ADW. I did nova just the same. http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/270113-post-your-home-screens-here-5.html#post2732585

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze