Mount as external drive - yes on Mac, no on PC?

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
One feature I used most on my last phone (NS4G) was mounting as a drive so that I could add files at work or at home. Well last night I connected to my PC at home, and I kept getting a notification bubble on XP saying "Found MTP device". The popping sound was driving me nuts and I couldn't shut it off, but even HTC Sync Manager could find the phone for a few seconds, only to come up with a message saying "Device not found" after. I had to use FTP to transfer my music.

Got to work this morning and plugged my One into my Mac. Showed up as a drive, no installation of Sync Manager necessary. How do I get this to happen on my PC then?

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
So how did you get it to show up as a drive in OS X? You did nothing? I've installed the sync manager and it doesn't show up.

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Works fine on my Windows 8 PC. I did notice that there are 2 versions of Sync. One for older phones and one for newer phones. I downloaded the wrong version the first time and had no luck. Installed the correct version and it's working fine, fancy that :)

XP handles drivers much differently than Vista forward, so that my be a problem.

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
Yep, did nothing at all, on OSX 10.6.8., almost immediately pops up with a window with all my folders on my phone. Didn't even install the Sync Manager on the Mac - still works like a charm. Under developer options I have USB debugging and Allow mock locations checked, though. Maybe try that? On the PC I installed whatever version the phone suggested I install. It said it was the most current version. I will uninstall and reinstall - see if that does anything.

Teklock

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I just plugged in my One to a Windows 7 workstation and was able to access all the files. No "Sync" software or anything else needed.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Thus really hurts functionality of this device because if it won't mount then iPhoto/Aperture won't see the device and can't import any media.

chippy19977

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I can't get it to mount on my Mac. I guess I'm stuck using Google Play Music to listen to my iTunes library. Not ideal, but okay.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Yep, did nothing at all, on OSX 10.6.8., almost immediately pops up with a window with all my folders on my phone. Didn't even install the Sync Manager on the Mac - still works like a charm. Under developer options I have USB debugging and Allow mock locations checked, though. Maybe try that? On the PC I installed whatever version the phone suggested I install. It said it was the most current version. I will uninstall and reinstall - see if that does anything.
I've looked around and OS X doesn't support the MTP file system. You must have installed some driver or something at some point to make this work. Maybe with a previous phone? Any idea what is causing this to work for you? No one else I've talked to has made this work in OS X.

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Windows xp dont support MTP Protocol. You have to hack it:

How to enable MTP in Windows XP (SP3) - HC 3.2 - xda-developers

Windows 7 and 8 support it out-of the box. I think Vista also, but not sure...

I have to point out that this is not true, unfortunately my job still has us on Windows XP and all I did was install sync manager from the htc website which installed the drivers and then I uninstalled sync manager. I can now plug my HTC One into my computer and the window pops up to view files.

Ice

Tiago Silva

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I have to point out that this is not true, unfortunately my job still has us on Windows XP and all I did was install sync manager from the htc website which installed the drivers and then I uninstalled sync manager. I can now plug my HTC One into my computer and the window pops up to view files.

Ice

what's not true? Doesn't work the link How to enable MTP in Windows XP (SP3) - HC 3.2 - xda-developers, or it's not true that Windows XP don support MTP?

Tiago Silva

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
That Windows XP doesn't support MTP

Media Transfer Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On Microsoft Windows, MTP is supported in Windows XP if Windows Media Player 10 or later versions are installed. Windows Vista and later have MTP support built in. For older versions of Windows, specifically, Windows 2000, Windows 98 and Windows Me, Microsoft has released the MTP Porting Kit.[9] which contains a MTP device driver.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm