Picture in Picture, pop up play, etc...

WarEagleDoc

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone.

I'm new here and I am coming over from the iPhone side of the house. I've been doing a bit of research and asking around but I cannot find any definitive information on this particular topic. Does anyone with more experience than me know if the HTC One offers this option. Essentially I want to know if it's possible to say, play a video while still using the phone to do other tasks... I read in the manual that it allows you to do this but only if you are connected to a television. I'm just not sure if that is something you can do on the phone itself. Anyhow thanks!

Last edited:

mballs4life

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone.

I'm new here and I am coming over from the iPhone side of the house. I've been doing a bit of research and asking around but I cannot find any definitive information on this particular topic. Does anyone with more experience than me know if the HTC One offers this option. Essentially I want to know if it's possible to say, play a video while still using the phone to do other tasks... I read in the manual that it allows you to do this but only if you are connected to a television. I'm just not sure if that is something you can do on the phone itself. Anyhow thanks!

Welcome to AC!
Floating YouTube Popup Video (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...luZ3lvdXR1YmVwb3B1cHBsYXllciJd&token=XfKbZFEx) lets you do this with YouTube videos but that's all it works with. Otherwise this is a feature that I believe only Samsung uses. Hopefully someone else knows more!

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Give mobo player a shot. I've used it on all my previous android devices and while I had my last few Galaxy device's they released and update for the pop up player. It's worked great for me.

WarEagleDoc

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Cool guys thanks! I saw this feature on the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the LG Optimus G so I thought I would ask. I'm not eligible for my upgrade for another few days so I'll have a chance to mess around with these new phones again before I dive in, but I think I may go for the HTC as a replacement for my iPhone. I'm really looking forward to a change. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon