New to Android and HTC One

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey there guys!

After six years of using the iPhone I finally decided to switch to android. There are several reasons why I made the change, but lets not get into too much detail because it is not the point. I'm very happy to be here.

I bought the HTC One yesterday and was wondering if you guys could recommend some of your favorite apps. The phone is awesome to begin with, but I'm looking for apps to enhance it even more. Also if there are any general must have android apps out there that you think I should know about feel free to let me know. (Free or pay)

Thanks in advance!!
:3
:)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Eleetsole

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
If you don't like the sense 5 skin and want more stock feel I really recommend trying out nova launcher that's the first app I always install on my new android devices

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

fz1jmp

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I was in the same boat as you, switched from the IP5 and never looked back. Some apps I tried and kept; the usual, evernote and dropbox, they are standards. I like google currents for various news, tapatalk for forum's, sherpa for decent voice controls and it learns your patterns, Tasker, allows you to create all kinds of location/time aware tasks. llama is one of my faves, it learns your house and work, and then you set it to say turn off sound at work, along with turn off bluetooth, etc. Its location area and it works well. Have fun looking in the google store where the sky is the limit and there is an app/widget for everything.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
A few that haven't been mentioned: Amazon, something for podcasts (I like DoggCatcher, but it's not as intuitive as one might like), IMDb, Flipboard, TuneIn Radio.