Release of IMEI number by AT&T

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
When my new HTC One DE arrived the other day I removed the SIM from my HTC One X that was already on AT&Ts network with a 4GLTE data plan, and inserted it in the HTC One.. The HTC One worked fine of course and now shows on my account, replacing the HTC One X. My question is, since I had about a year remaining on my contract before the HTC One X would be upgradeable, did replacing it with the HTC One DE cause them to "release" the IMEI for the One X from contractual obligation so I can sell it on eBay? I guess I could call them and ask, but I wanted to see how others plan to sell contract phones they replaced with the HTC One. I did not register in time for the $100 trade up program and anyway, I can get far more than $100 for it on ebay. I just want to make sure it is a "clean" IMEI number so the new buyer won't have any issues putting the device on AT&Ts network.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
It will work without any issues, even if it's stolen 1 day after buying it. Att will only block imei of phones stolen directly from them, I know because my daughter was robbed of her HTC Inspire and I asked them to block it and they said they could only void the sim. Anyone could insert their own sim and the phone will work again. Talk to like 5 reps and supervisor and got same response. They don't want to loose the extra revenue.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Android Central Forums