Hotmail Issue

cional

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Mail app on HTC One only syncs when I open the mail app. I was using a Blackberry 9700 before and it was receiving mails instantly. What can I do?

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Did you try installing their new app "Outlook.com" instead of the old Hotmail App?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see it looks like you are using the built in Mail App.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you try installing their new app "Outlook.com" instead of the old Hotmail App?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see it looks like you are using the built in Mail App.

And don't go that route anyway. Apparently that app is horrible and you can only see your inbox and no other folders.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
And don't go that route anyway. Apparently that app is horrible and you can only see your inbox and no other folders.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

EDIT: Are you talking about built-in Mail App or Outlook.com App?

Outlook.com App works fine. I just created a folder, synced and can see it no problem. Swipe left to see all your folders and sub-folders show up as well as sent etc...

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
EDIT: Are you talking about built-in Mail App or Outlook.com App?

Outlook.com App works fine. I just created a folder, synced and can see it no problem. Swipe left to see all your folders and sub-folders show up as well as sent etc...

Outlook.com app. Did they update it recently? All the reviews were horrible the last time I checked.

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Outlook.com app. Did they update it recently? All the reviews were horrible the last time I checked.

What did they not like? Works fine for me. I got an email about upgrading to it. I need to stay on top of tech to support it, so I installed it to try it out figuring that's the direction they're headed anyways.

Last edited:

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Not sure. I'm going to try it though because, even though I have a different phone and I'm not sure if we have the same stock mail app, my stock mail takes forever to load, and using the browser is no longer an option since I can't switch accounts w/o logging out and the idiots at Microsoft don't see why this is an issue. <sigh>

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
So I just went and downloaded it. Seems like people are finding it better but it only has 2 stars so clearly most think it's a piece of crap. Maybe people will change their reviews of it if it improves. I'm giving it a shot though, and at least this way, I'll get update notifications.

I took a screen shot of one of the reviews listing all the things that were fixed. I can't attach to my messages so I'll try sending as a PM.

sethmeisteroni

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I noticed my Hotmail stopped syncing about a week ago. Today I removed and added a dozen times. I cannot for the life of me figure out whats wrong. I have to manually sync Hotmail no matter how many times I select automatic Push. When I go to microsoft exchange under account settings I have a greyed out sync disabled button. If I press it will sync but dosent change. Its still greyed out and reads sync disabled. Any help?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance