What's the best way to use prepaid plan with htc one?

owner011

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello Guys, I have a question.
I am going to buy HTC one and I am using T-mobile prepaid plan.
I saw this sentence on the HTC website.
(The unlocked version does not support the 1700 band so will not work on the T-Mobile network.)

Omg
I want keep prepaid plan. even if change company...
What's the best way to use prepaid plan with HTC one?
ex. AT&T, Straight Talk, H2O, Net10 etc

And if i will buy develop version, is it working on the T-mobile's HSPA+ and LTE?

Last edited:

yuiness

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
That statement on their website isn't quite true. The unlocked and dev versions don't have the 1700Mhz HSPA+ band, which T-mobile uses. They are currently in the process of refarming their HSPA+ to the 1900Mhz band, which both the unlocked and dev versions do support. While there is no official 1900Mhz HSPA+ coverage map, this self-report map can help you determine whether you can get 1900Mhz HSPA+ in your area: Sightings of T-Mobile 3G/4G/HSPA+ coverage on 1900MHz (PCS/UMTS band II)
I'm currently using an unlocked One on T-mobile prepaid in St. Louis and getting HSPA+ on the 1900Mhz band pretty consistently.

T-mobile doesn't have LTE coverage in my area, so I can't speak to that from personal experience. However, according to the specs listed on their site (LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz), the One should support T-mobile LTE (AWS = 1700Mhz). Maybe someone who's in an LTE area can confirm?

If you're worried, you can always buy the T-mobile One with one of their Simple Choice plans, pay for the phone in full, and then cancel the plan right away. Then you should be able to throw in your prepaid SIM and be good to go.