Switched from iPhone, need help with imessage not showing

3Fletch

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Switched from an Iphone 4 and I really like this phone. I have a couple buddies with iPhones and I am not getting their messages. I checked my iPhone and they are showing up on it not my new phone. Any thoughts???

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
It might be because Iimessage uses a imessage/icloud email and that might be what the are messaging. Ask them to type in the number instead of just clicking on your number and see if that works.

isitme

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
if you have an ipad or mac, turn off iMessage. if that doesnt work send them a text and start a new text string.

thetooth

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem before. Just turn off ur old iPhone for the first msg or turn off wifi

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You have 2 options:

1) Turn off imessages on your other device

2) remove you phone number as a place to receive imessages.

Keep in mind with number 2, they can still send messages to any other addresses that remain so they can still send them to your other devices and not your phone.

Serated

May 12, 2013
Visit site

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Just turn iMessage off on your phone. All others can stay on as long as you're not using your phone number and an email instead.

grumpycompuprof

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
The solution that finally cut the tie to iMessage was changing the iCloud password. After that nobody had issues sending text messages to me and my new Android device. I even called AT&T and Apple. AT&T did not know anything about this iMessage bug and the first Apple rep did neither, but after speaking to his manager who had a friend with the same issue he told me that it could take up to a month for the system to forget me. That's when I changed the password and everything worked nicely. Just ensure removing all references to your phone number or of your other Apple devices. Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2