Another request for a root thread stickie

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
A sticky that says what, exactly? Quote my post so I see your reply. Thanks.

Maybe the same title as the old "Root, rom and hacks" subforum. I mean we got a stickie for battery stats and other things. I see a new thread almost everyday with someone asking about root, unlocked bootloader, etc...and also root discussions within other threads. I've responded to a lot but it would be much easier of we could establish a primary thread to discuss that way everything is consolidated rather than searching through several threads and starting new ones asking the same question. I mean I know some will ignore stickies and start threads but at least we could refer to the stickie. Right now, we either respond to the same questions over and over or look for a thread to refer. Please help lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the same title as the old "Root, rom and hacks" subforum. I mean we got a stickie for battery stats and other things. I see a new thread almost everyday with someone asking about root, unlocked bootloader, etc...and also root discussions within other threads. I've responded to a lot but it would be much easier of we could establish a primary thread to discuss that way everything is consolidated rather than searching through several threads and starting new ones asking the same question. I mean I know some will ignore stickies and start threads but at least we could refer to the stickie. Right now, we either respond to the same questions over and over or look for a thread to refer. Please help lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Here's an idea...you write the thread. Maybe the most commonly asked questions, like a FAQ. Make it like a reference post. Something that will answer the most obvious questions, like you said.

If you're down for that cool.

What I think would be a bad idea is a thread where people just post random things about ROM's and stuff, especially since all carrier versions are just grouped in one section now. I don't think we need a "chatter" thread for just root stuff. That's not very productive IMO.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Here's an idea...you write the thread. Maybe the most commonly asked questions, like a FAQ. Make it like a reference post. Something that will answer the most obvious questions, like you said.

What I think would be a bad idea is a thread where people just post random things about ROM's and stuff, especially since all carrier versions are just grouped in one section now. I don't think we need a "chatter" thread for just root stuff. That's not very productive IMO.

I wish I was an expert in all of these myself then I'd certainly write it but unfortunately I'm not. I typically just know the basic stuff and point users to the right direction for additional assistance. I can probably put some basic stuff together but I do think each forum should have a "basic" rooting stickie. I mean people that are getting this device and asking basic questions about whether they will lose warranty or "what exactly is rooting" and stuff like that and then more new android users will ask the same questions again for the next device in another forum. I don't think that's productive either. I do disagree in that we do need some type of "chatter" place to discuss because the previous was taken away with the reorganization of the site. Creating new threads over and over about the same thing doesn't seem very productive either but almost have no choice now. I'll look to create a thread with basic information and include some specific to the HTC One. I'll get back to you soon.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Thread started here http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...-recovery-root-flashing-roms.html#post2742150

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance