T-Mobile HTC One vs. Dev HTC One

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to see if there is a big difference between the two. If you unlock the bootloader on the T-Mobile HTC One it should be the same thing right? Just trying to see if I should pay the extra money and return the T-Mobile HTC and order it from HTC .

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
My dev edition works on T-mobile HSPA+ and LTE when I am around those towers. I can't speak for it's capability at 1700mhz and I'd really like some voice capability at a lower freq so I can get a better signal indoors, but overall it's a lot better than Sprint has been over the last year compared to the Evo LTE which was also an outstanding device just hampered by an unfortunate series of network decisions.

RedSwedishFish

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to see if there is a big difference between the two. If you unlock the bootloader on the T-Mobile HTC One it should be the same thing right? Just trying to see if I should pay the extra money and return the T-Mobile HTC and order it from HTC .

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Big difference is whether you need the 1700 mhz band. If you are on TMo and are still in HSPA+ areas (i.e., not in a refarmed area), the dev HTC one will not give you HSPA+ speeds and you'll be stuck with 2G.

ocluke

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the HTC One Developer Edition because I wanted 64GB of storage on T-Mobile and no bloatware, and because T-Mobile told me that I was in a refarmed area. After using it for a week, I'm returning it. The service has been terrible, and I rarely see a 4G connection. I called T-Mobile about this and they said that just because an area has been refarmed, doesn't mean that 1900 is available everwhere. I'm in a refarmed area, but my phone almost never shows 4G, and regularly loses connection. I've never had this issue with another phone on T-Mobile, so I can only attribute this to the lack of 1700 support. It looks like I'll be stuck with a 32GB version from T-Mobile, unfortunately.

To the OP, I don't see a difference in price between the two phones of the same size. The 32GB HTC One is $579.99 at T-Mobile, and the 32 GB Developer version is $579.99 from HTC (Letstalk).

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Besides the 1900/1700 issues pointed out above, the Developer edition won't have to go through T-Mobile when it comes time to update the software.

yuiness

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
To the OP, I don't see a difference in price between the two phones of the same size. The 32GB HTC One is $579.99 at T-Mobile, and the 32 GB Developer version is $579.99 from HTC (Letstalk).

You have to pay tax if you get one from Tmobile and unless you live in CA or TX, you don't have to if you buy from the HTC store. For me, that's a difference of a little over $50.

auduffer

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I've got a question about the differences between the two and specifically the developer options--is that option available on all of the HTC One phones? I ask because I saw it on mine and didn't have to go through the tapping thing to have it pop up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX