make phone button go to history

afgzee

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
so this is my first android handset I got yesterday and I love it, maybe my favourite phone ever after my Nokia Lumia 820.

Im wondering if there is a way when I click the phone button, it can go straight to history rather than phone?

Also while im here, is there a way to make a confirmation before calling like on Windows Phone, so for example when you click the number, it doesn't just straight away dial the number, rather then go to some kind of conformation screen? I've called a few people for no reason and people are beginning to think im stupid! lol

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
so this is my first android handset I got yesterday and I love it, maybe my favourite phone ever after my Nokia Lumia 820.

Im wondering if there is a way when I click the phone button, it can go straight to history rather than phone?

Also while im here, is there a way to make a confirmation before calling like on Windows Phone, so for example when you click the number, it doesn't just straight away dial the number, rather then go to some kind of conformation screen? I've called a few people for no reason and people are beginning to think im stupid! lol

If you use a launcher, you can set an alternate shortcut for you phone that goes to Call History instead of dial pad.

The activity you want to assign is under Activities, Contacts, Call History

If you want to keep Sense 5 launcher, you can still do this - you just need to download Apex launcher and the Apex Activities will show under the custom shortcut list for Sense 5. You don't have to use the apex launcher to use the activities.

I couldn't find the Call history in the nova activities for Nova Launcher under Sense 5 however.

Pre-Occupied

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
If you want to keep Sense 5 launcher, you can still do this - you just need to download Apex launcher and the Apex Activities will show under the custom shortcut list for Sense 5. You don't have to use the apex launcher to use the activities.

I downloaded the Apex Launcher and want to keep Sense 5. Could you specify how I can use the Apex activities to create the custom shortcut to Call History? THANKS!

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the Apex Launcher and want to keep Sense 5. Could you specify how I can use the Apex activities to create the custom shortcut to Call History? THANKS!

Well, you actually can't change the phone shortcut because sense 5 launcher won't let you put anything but an application on the dock, but you can create a new shortcut.on the homescreen.

To do this, on the homescreen set up, choose add shortcut. use apex activity, select contact, then select dial history. You will then have the shortcut.

However, if you just want to keep sense 5 launcher for the blinkfeed homepage (and there really isn't any other reason to keep it) you can use apex as your launcher and then you can put the shortcut in the dock if you want and change the icon to any thing you want (ie plain phone instead of phone with a clock).

To keep blinkfeed is much the same process. You create a shortcut in apex to the HTC Sense activity.

Of course, you can always revert back to the sense 5 laurncher if you change your mind, and your back where you last left off.