So you guys arent crazy, the capacitive buttons ARE less sensitive!

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So i was riding my motorcycle to work today and I had to stop for some emergency gas so i went to text my manager. Now my gloves arent advertised to work with smartphones nor did i buy them hoping they would, but they do work with my phones that i have used. However, on my htc one i could use the screen perfectly but no matter how much i pushed the home button it would not register! It always registered through my Evo 3D so for everyone out there that thought they were crazy for thinking the buttons are less sensitive, well they are! But im sure this can be fixed in a software update i mean its just a recalibration.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree but I actually like it how it is. On past devices, I would find myself accidentally pressing the capacitive buttons when using with 1 hand and having to reach to the other side of the phone. That was a little more frustrating to me. It seems you just have to be more deliberate with your touch rather than the area around the button also acting as the button itself. We'll see if HTC updates or changes anything though.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
So i was riding my motorcycle to work today and I had to stop for some emergency gas so i went to text my manager. Now my gloves arent advertised to work with smartphones nor did i buy them hoping they would, but they do work with my phones that i have used. However, on my htc one i could use the screen perfectly but no matter how much i pushed the home button it would not register! It always registered through my Evo 3D so for everyone out there that thought they were crazy for thinking the buttons are less sensitive, well they are! But im sure this can be fixed in a software update i mean its just a recalibration.

I dug out my gloves (not much use for them in Southern California) and you are right. the screen works perfectly, but the buttons do not work and they are extremely thin gloves. My capacitive buttons work perfectly with a very light touch without gloves, though.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I dug out my gloves (not much use for them in Southern California) and you are right. the screen works perfectly, but the buttons do not work and they are extremely thin gloves. My capacitive buttons work perfectly with a very light touch without gloves, though.

Yup and that's why they didn't work when the screen protector covered them either. Pretty interesting.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I had 2 different At&t stores try and install a screen protector. ( applied with water) and both times my capacitive buttons would not respond on the 1st or 2nd touch. So both removed the protector and were going to inquire if their is a problem with A. the buttons B. screen protector C. both. I have not heard anything back as of yet

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I had 2 different At&t stores try and install a screen protector. ( applied with water) and both times my capacitive buttons would not respond on the 1st or 2nd touch. So both removed the protector and were going to inquire if their is a problem with A. the buttons B. screen protector C. both. I have not heard anything back as of yet

My case is an Otterbox Defender with the built in screen protector, and it has a cutout for the capacitive buttons. I've taken it off for a while, and notice that the screen itself is a lot more responsive without the protector. That Defender is darned ugly. And heavy.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
HTC should have left the buttons how they were on the one x. Nobody complained about it not working on those devices.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
There is definitely an issue with the back and home buttons. If screen protectors affect the screen, that is a huge problem.

Sent from my HTC ONE using Android Central Forums

captsoto

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the issue in a big way with the buttons. I rooted and installed a rom with the new update and my buttons work better then ever. As a side note, I have a screen protector on it as well.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I fall into the camp that likes the less sensitive buttons. On past phones, I would accidently trigger one of the capacitive buttons several times a day. Hasn't happened once on the One. Then again, I've never liked using screen protectors. One man's feature is another man's bug. Guess that's why a sensitivity option would be great.

nasvi

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I had the issue in a big way with the buttons. I rooted and installed a rom with the new update and my buttons work better then ever. As a side note, I have a screen protector on it as well.

Can you please enlighten us to which update version fixed this and what screen protector you are using...

I am at 1.29.1540.3 and still have the problem when the screen protector is on it....

without the screen protector its flawless.....