This is kind of ridiculous. How does HTC expect to gain customers and keep their loyal fanbase? Stuff like this is what makes me disappointed. The One will soon be two major updates behind.
    I love the One and think it's the greatest Android device ever released but HTC is killing it with not updating it.
    HTC One Android 4.2 Update Release Date Up in the Air
    04-29-2013 02:13 PM
    I don't even care about the update.. What do you need that isn't on the current system?

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    bigrey81, frellingfrakker and 3Dee like this.
    04-29-2013 02:15 PM
    I find it frustrating too, but I love this phone so I'm not ready to start complaining yet. I do like to have the latest software and at some point it will become an issue.

If they get it to us in the next few months then no big deal with that short wait.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    waydavis likes this.
    04-29-2013 02:18 PM
    Of course they aren't giving an eta on the update with carrier approval etc it would be dumb for them to do that until they have a firmer grasp on it
    04-29-2013 02:18 PM
    HTC is killing it with not updating it.
    Maybe they'll just update directly to KLP. AFAIK, there are not many differences between 4.2.2 and 4.1.2, other than the lockscreen-dreaming thing, and the notification center toggles.
    imho, I think it's a little unfair to dismiss HTC because they are not making a minor update to 4.2.2. I'd be disappointed if they delayed KLP by a lot though.
    frellingfrakker likes this.
    04-29-2013 02:26 PM
    They'll get there, I believe all the updates WILL come now HTC are pushing One main phone but there will be a wait, it's not a nexus :-) I feel it's best to sit back and enjoy what you've got, the update will seem to come faster that way! I've got this phone for the next 20 months so I'll see KLP come to it at some point!

Sent from my HTC One
    04-29-2013 02:31 PM
    I'm not too worried about 4.2, but they better not drag there feet with KLP.

Brian

04-29-2013 02:32 PM
    Yeah... I can remember seeing the same kinds of stories and tweets quoted on the EVO LTE forums about a day before the JB update started rolling out.

The device hasn't been out for two weeks (in the States, at least) but they're already killing it by not updating it? Come on, man! I'm pretty sure the the first update they are pushing is the one I really want, though I don't know how long I will have to wait for Sprint to get it to me. I'd rather have one that improves camera functions and other system tweaks than get an update to the newest version of JB. It's not like we got ICS and JB is waiting at the end of the tunnel. If there were really massive upgrades I would be itching for it but what major change do you get with 4.2.2? Other than saying that you have 4.2.2 that is? It's an update behind, that is true. But it's not a major update. When 4.3 comes out soon (as is the new rumor) that will probably be a major update. Not that I wouldn't like the quick settings in the notification bar, but the big one for me is PhotoSphere. And nobody gets that, sans Nexus devices. Something tells me that most manufacturers don't have their software engineers on a round-robin schedule for manning the company's twitter feed just to give specific answers about pending updates. Though the quoted tweet in that article was actually from a ROM developer and not from HTC.
    Topgonzo likes this.
    04-29-2013 02:33 PM
    This is kind of ridiculous. How does HTC expect to gain customers and keep their loyal fanbase? Stuff like this is what makes me disappointed. The One will soon be two major updates behind.
    I love the One and think it's the greatest Android device ever released but HTC is killing it with not updating it.
    HTC One Android 4.2 Update Release Date Up in the Air
    2 major updates behind? 4.1 to 4.2 is a minor update and KLP if it's going to be 5.0 isn't even announced yet....
    04-29-2013 02:37 PM
    And I may be wrong but didn't Sprint Evo 4G LTE phones get Jelly Bean before S3's ?
    frellingfrakker likes this.
    04-29-2013 02:45 PM
    And I may be wrong but didn't Sprint Evo 4G LTE phones get Jelly Bean before S3's ?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Which...arrier_id37983

bigrey81, JasonF and vbockius like this.
    04-29-2013 02:56 PM
    Features of Android 4.2

Multiuser - Not available for Phone's
    Miracast - HTC One has HTC Media Link HD. maybe some will miss it.
    Android Beam - only few improvements
    PhotoSphere - HTC replaces the camera app so even with 4.2 you wont get it
    Gesture Typing - replaced by HTC and One already has this feature
    Gallery improvements - Replaced on HTC one
    DayDream/LockScreen widget - These are the only features Android 4.1 users will miss
    04-29-2013 02:57 PM
    Always Johnny on the spot with the info...lol Thanx for helping me prove my point
    Topgonzo likes this.
    04-29-2013 03:00 PM
    Features of Android 4.2

Multiuser - Not available for Phone's
    Miracast - HTC One has HTC Media Link HD. maybe some will miss it.
    Android Beam - only few improvements
    PhotoSphere - HTC replaces the camera app so even with 4.2 you wont get it
    Gesture Typing - replaced by HTC and One already has this feature
    Gallery improvements - Replaced on HTC one
    DayDream/LockScreen widget - These are the only features Android 4.1 users will miss
    Don't forget expandable notifications. Being able to interact quickly with email, text, screenshots, etc right from the notification shade was really nice when I was using my nexus 4.
    EverNap likes this.
    04-29-2013 03:24 PM
    Don't forget expandable notifications. Being able to interact quickly with email, text, screenshots, etc right from the notification shade was really nice when I was using my nexus 4.
    You're talking about being able to reply to or archive an email from the notification shade, right? That's not a feature of 4.2. I can do that on my One X (my One arrives Wednesday) running 4.1.1.
    04-29-2013 03:33 PM
    expandable notification is available on Android 4.1.2, its not a 4.2 feature.
    04-29-2013 03:34 PM
    I don't even care about the update.. What do you need that isn't on the current system?
    Lockscreen widgets.
    04-29-2013 03:37 PM
    If you really care that much and have nothing better to worry about....

Ummm you need a life
    04-29-2013 03:41 PM
    You're talking about being able to reply to or archive an email from the notification shade, right? That's not a feature of 4.2. I can do that on my One X (my One arrives Wednesday) running 4.1.1.
    I wasn't aware of this. When I started out with the One I noticed that I could not pull down on the individual notifications. How do you go about expanding the notifications. I searched around and saw it listed somewhere as an amenity of 4.2.
    04-29-2013 03:52 PM

Signs of continued support from HTC.
    04-29-2013 03:54 PM
    I thought the whole point of releasing one phone across all carriers was to enable htc to directly update the phone without carrier approval? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    04-29-2013 03:55 PM
    I don't see why they don't just skip 4.2 and start working on KLP. I think it would be better to go right on to KLP imo

04-29-2013 04:02 PM
    I thought the whole point of releasing one phone across all carriers was to enable htc to directly update the phone without carrier approval? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    You are misinformed (wrong is such an ugly word ). The phones have different RILs (radio interface layer), carrier specific bloatware, carrier specific settings (I know ATT blocks certain apps if you use them), etc. and the average user goes to their carrier to complain about issues, not the manufacturer. For those reasons and the fact that most carrier's just like to be control freaks, they have to test and "enhance" (i.e. add/update bloat) for their version of the device. That even goes for Nexus devices. The Sprint Galaxy Nexus got updated to Jellybean months before the Verizon version if I remember correctly.
    04-29-2013 04:05 PM
    I wasn't aware of this. When I started out with the One I noticed that I could not pull down on the individual notifications. How do you go about expanding the notifications. I searched around and saw it listed somewhere as an amenity of 4.2.
    only gmail so far, you pinch out horizontally towards edges of phone and you can reply and delete
    BigDinCA likes this.
    04-29-2013 04:11 PM

Figured it out. On my nexus 4 you just pulled down on the item in the notification shade. Apparently in HTC you do the"pinch to zoom" motion to expand the notifications. I prefer just pulling down, a lot easier for one handed quick checks on the go.
    04-29-2013 04:12 PM