Maybe I'm missing something but in the stock dialer with the HTC One I have created some favourites. When I click on the favourite, I want it to dial their mobile number. I have set the default action to "call mobile" but each time I tap the favourite it just brings me to a profile card with multiple numbers / email address/ birthday etc.

I dont want to speed dial. Hope someone can help, this is driving me nuts !

D
    04-29-2013 06:15 PM
    You have to long press and then the option comes up where you can dial. I don't think it will just automatically dial. I could be wrong though but not my experience.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    04-29-2013 06:17 PM
    You have to long press and then the option comes up where you can dial. I don't think it will just automatically dial. I could be wrong though but not my experience.

I'm a bit bummed that it won't just automatically dial the number. I want it to be a one-touch operation.
    04-29-2013 06:54 PM
    A workaround is to create a page or folder of "Direct Dial" which is in the shortcut widgets. That allows you to assign a single number. Not perfect... but oh well.
    04-29-2013 07:02 PM
    I'm a bit bummed that it won't just automatically dial the number. I want it to be a one-touch operation.
    Download a different dialer or contact app.
    04-29-2013 11:14 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something but in the stock dialer with the HTC One I have created some favourites. When I click on the favourite, I want it to dial their mobile number. I have set the default action to "call mobile" but each time I tap the favourite it just brings me to a profile card with multiple numbers / email address/ birthday etc.

I dont want to speed dial. Hope someone can help, this is driving me nuts !

D

Long press the contact on the favorites page then select "set default action" from there you can set the action to be whatever you desire including a one press dial.
    04-30-2013 02:24 AM
    You could also set speed dials old school. Assigned by long pressing a number on dial pad.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    04-30-2013 03:42 AM
    Long press the contact on the favorites page then select "set default action" from there you can set the action to be whatever you desire including a one press dial.
    I've tried that and it doesn't seem to do anything. After I've tried setting that, when I look at the contact detail, under "default action" it shows 'call'...but when I select that contact from contacts or favorites, it still just brings up the contact details page for that contact and I have to press the phone number to get it to dial. So I can't figure out how to actually trigger that default action??
    04-30-2013 11:42 AM
    I've tried that and it doesn't seem to do anything. After I've tried setting that, when I look at the contact detail, under "default action" it shows 'call'...but when I select that contact from contacts or favorites, it still just brings up the contact details page for that contact and I have to press the phone number to get it to dial. So I can't figure out how to actually trigger that default action??
    Same here. Seems a bug.
    04-30-2013 11:49 AM
    It could be a bug, but I always chalked it up to a contact with more than one phone number prompting the dialer to confirm with you first which number you wanted to call. You should be able to set a dedicated number for one-touch dialing as previous stated.
    04-30-2013 12:27 PM
    It could be a bug, but I always chalked it up to a contact with more than one phone number prompting the dialer to confirm with you first which number you wanted to call. You should be able to set a dedicated number for one-touch dialing as previous stated.
    That would be OK, I guess, but it doesn't call contacts with a single number either. It would appear that the default action has some purpose, but isn't being activated by clicking a contact. What purpose would the defualt action be if not for purposes of activating when the contact is clicked?
    04-30-2013 12:42 PM
    I didn't have any success using favorites to auto dial either. But I was able to set a Quick Dial shortcut on a home screen to work.

04-30-2013 01:37 PM
    I went ahead and installed the free Contacts+ and Dialer+...and so far, they are exceeding my expectations! All of the weaknesses in the stock dialer and contacts are remedied with these two apps. Note that you can't use Dialer+ alone... it requires Contacts+ to be installed). There is a capability in Contacts+ plus for text messaging as well, but I disabled that - just didn't see the point. But there are a ton of options for tweaking how these apps work, and like I said, so far so good.
    04-30-2013 04:03 PM
    I miss the little android pic you'd get when a contact didn't have a picture. lol
    04-30-2013 04:05 PM

Yeah that seems to be a bug in Sense 5.0 on The One.
    04-30-2013 04:42 PM
    Direct dial works one day then another day it stated app not installed on my HTC one. I can remove the shortcut then reinstall it. Same thing keeps happening. Please help.

05-01-2013 06:42 PM
    I have been using the EXdialer app.. works great...

except I hate the menu bar..

I emailed the developer but no reply or update

if any body finds a good dialer app without the menu bar .. please advise
    05-06-2013 05:09 PM
    Confirming that this is a bug. Tried it many different ways, but default action on the contacts widget is broken. Any workarounds?
    07-08-2013 05:36 PM
    My solution to this was using Action Launcher. I made a phone shortcut in my dock, then transformed it into a cover with direct dial widgets. Tap the icon for the dialer, swipe up or down for the list of quick direct dial contacts. Works awesome.
    07-08-2013 08:55 PM