Letter fell off my htc one so upsetting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

somadrightnow

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
The letter "C" on the back of my one fell off so randomly. I had to superglue it back on. It's so distracting now because I can tell the C is out of place.... So disappointed.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought the letters were engraved/laser etched into the phone? Do you have a One X? That phone had silver letters on the back that could fall off...

somadrightnow

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
It's the new one. They are not engraved. The letter fell off. What a waste of my time. Now I will have go to my closest tmobile that have the one instock to exchange it for a new one before my 15 day warranty expires.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If its the htc one they are engraved. Now it may have inserts, that I can't tell. But if you glued it back on I don't see any way for it to be out of place as you say. Just 1 question, why the hell would you use superglue? Worst glue I have ever used, gets all over everything and does not work.

othercents

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
If you look closely at the HTC One the letters are glued into the aluminum cutouts on the back of the phone. I got my direct from T-Mobile and the letters are not perfectly placed into the aluminum, so you can tell that they are not engraved there. Plus they are a significantly different color, requiring a different type of material.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the letters with a loupe I can see what appears to be a bit of glue around the curve of the H.

The HTC is engraved in the back of the case, but it does appear that they have placed the different material letters within the engraved area.

It looks well done on my phone, would never notice without close inspection with the loupe. And then only around the curve of the H is there the slightest line of what appears to be excess adhesive. Or it could just be some accumulated Dorito detritus, as it seems to come off pretty easy. LOL

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It's the new one. They are not engraved. The letter fell off. What a waste of my time. Now I will have go to my closest tmobile that have the one instock to exchange it for a new one before my 15 day warranty expires.

Why don't you kill all this an upload a picture of this to prove everybody wrong.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, please. I would love to see a picture of this.

Agreed, we need pics or this didn't happen.

somadrightnow

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
On i will
jaf6yx.jpg

You can't tell because of the lighting, but it did fall off. Look closely. You been duped

somadrightnow

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
-_- did you not read. I superglued it on and it is bent inwards. If I had a different camera I could show you. But do you believe me? It's not engraved. They are like very thin metallic stickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui