Black one doesn't stand up well to everyday use.

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
For HTC fans not being able to get the S4 out of their minds. EVERYTHING always comes back to the S4. Seems like they are more obsessed with the S4 than most S4 fans. Sad really.

Hardly. Funny how I only see it brought up by Samsung fans over here. Sure, there's the occasional 'S4 vs...' post but most folks here just want to bask in the beauty that is the One. Not some over processed piece of plastic.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Pictures are grainy because they were taken with a sgs3 in a very low light situation. The scuffs wouldn't show with the flash so I had to use night mode and zoom in all the way. That was the best I could get it focused. It was done during a double dinner date

Yea, you are being an a$$

You don't know much then. Sorry but stop thread crapping. Are you to really believe it would have stood up better without a case and being in a purse? It's the same issue as iPhone 5. Just wait till its more publicly released, you will see many more threads pop up on this.

The silver one doesn't seem to suffer from this issue

My S3 has never taken that grainy of a picture so yeah...

And you failed to say it was a demo phone.. You can't honestly compare a demo phone to the finished product. I'd rather the fully released black phone that is on sale at retail then come back and show what's up. If it's the same cool it's the phone.. But a demo model.. Eh.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Because its their phone and they can treat it how they want? Why do some people buy brand new jeans just to end up cutting holes in them, or a new ball cap just to put a fish hook in it and break the bill? Because it is their personal property, and they can do whatever they wish with it.

Some people aren't involved in the cyber war between s4s and HTC ones, perhaps op was genuinely trying to share some inside information on something that has been a wide spread question among people wanting the device.

Regardless of his intentions, I condone the op for the way he is handling everyone calling him a liar and a fraud. Instead of blowing up and typing nasty things in response, he has explained his side of the situation and left it at that. :thumbup:

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

The pics are not of a real htc one... That has been established and the scuffs are not caused by putting it in a purse and having keys scratch it. The poster is a s4 owner and is posting the pics to start controversy because it's a"friends " phone.. When people stop lying then the rest of us will accept it as truth.. The one is not indestructible.. It can scratch it can be dropped and broken..
If it's true that the phone is a demo phone then the damage is not caused on the corners with chips or of it by keys.. What woman's purse does that to a phone.. Nice for you to jump all over a forum to defend pics and statements from someone who themselves don't even own the phone that was damaged..
Who cares? It's scratched! It's damaged! The owner should be more careful

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Hardly. Funny how I only see it brought up by Samsung fans over here. Sure, there's the occasional 'S4 vs...' post but most folks here just want to bask in the beauty that is the One. Not some over processed piece of plastic.

If that's all you see, then you have some hardcore blinders on. In this thread itself, the S4 is brought up, Samsung is brought up, and the topic being discussed has nothing to do with the S4. Yet it gets brought up. And when I read the posters signature, it says they own a One. So YOU are seeing what you want to see. And this is coming from someone who wants the HTC One and has zero interest in the S4. I am just getting so sick of everyone with the HTC One bringing up the S4. I know Samsung fans do it too, but that doesn't mean HTC owners need to be just as ridiculous. The One is an AWESOME phone and there's no reason that everyone needs to convince themselves they made the right choice by ragging on the S4. If the S4 sucks so bad, no one would be bringing it up and comparing it in every thread. Someone even brought it up in the thread about cases for the HTC One. Get over it people!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Samsung will stop trolling the internet when Apple stops suing people. Have fun waiting. :)

Ahh......there is the hypocrisy. You say only Samsung fans bring it up over here, and yet here you are doing the same thing. Very classy. Can't even own up to something you yourself are doing. Unless of course you are a samsung fan. At which point, I apologize for calling you a hypocrite.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Read the thread and you'll see. I'm not doing your work for you by explaining it. If you don't understand, move on and don't worry about it.

No actually I won't see. I have already read every post in this thread. I haven't seen anyone comparing what happened to the M7 to what may or may not happen to an S4 being exposed to the same abuse. The S4 was brought up because the OP has an S4 but feels the need to bring what appears to be pictures of a dummy unit into the forum.

Posted From my HTC One via Android Central App

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
The pics are not of a real htc one... That has been established and the scuffs are not caused by putting it in a purse and having keys scratch it. The poster is a s4 owner and is posting the pics to start controversy because it's a"friends " phone.. When people stop lying then the rest of us will accept it as truth.. The one is not indestructible.. It can scratch it can be dropped and broken..
If it's true that the phone is a demo phone then the damage is not caused on the corners with chips or of it by keys.. What woman's purse does that to a phone.. Nice for you to jump all over a forum to defend pics and statements from someone who themselves don't even own the phone that was damaged..
Who cares? It's scratched! It's damaged! The owner should be more careful

I'm not saying that the phone wore down like that without any other factors than being thrown in a purse, nor am I jumping all over the thread and defending the pictures. Whether it is or is not a dummy phone is not a factor in any of my responses. I simply said that it is the owners right to treat their purchases how they want. Its not unheard of for people to mistreat expensive items. One month after purchasing our prius, my husband got mad and punched the multi function display. It was a $6,000 repair. I agree that if you have an expensive item, and you damage it due to carelessness, that you should suck it up and treat it with more care in the future. I just know that it has been in question the durability of the black finish, and am giving the op the benefit of my doubt, regardless of what phone he owns, that he was truly offering insightful information to a serious inquiry instead of starting a needless thread to get a rouse out of people. Heres my prior post regarding my opinion on the situation, if you missed it.

...if the keys and other hazards where in a seperate area, how did happen? I've seen a black HTC one be mauled with keys, in person, and the scratches just rubbed right out. These look like chips and dings, not scratches, ie she has to have dropped her phone. There is a difference in finish flaking or scratching off, and chunks of the phone being missing.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Why would someone take a brand new phone and not put a case on it and throw it in a purse with keys and other items that could damage it? Why does it look like the phone was dropped on the corners or some serious damage was done to corners and not the screen? Why was someone that owns a s4 posting these pics?
Some questions the world may never really know but something doesn't look right.. I'm sure glad I don't own the phone that was used to take the pictures..

i thought i said in my OP that the keys and change were in a separate compartment? please read people

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Ahh......there is the hypocrisy. You say only Samsung fans bring it up over here, and yet here you are doing the same thing. Very classy. Can't even own up to something you yourself are doing. Unless of course you are a samsung fan. At which point, I apologize for calling you a hypocrite.

I've made this same argument. The level of insecurity here is amazing. If people think that the Samsung side of the fence is obsessed over the one like the htc camp is they are dillusional. And before someone says anything again yes I own a samsung and I realize it says so in my sig, but I'm not a fan boy, I like the one and that's why I'm here reading about it.

And I'm still amazed this thread is even active. The op wasn't even bashing the one at all and people still find a way to use this as justification to whine about the s4 and accuse everyone else of being payed by samsung. Get over yourselves

Sent from my Note 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I've made this same argument. The level of insecurity here is amazing. If people think that the Samsung side of the fence is obsessed over the one like the htc camp is they are dillusional. And before someone says anything again yes I own a samsung and I realize it says so in my sig, but I'm not a fan boy, I like the one and that's why I'm here reading about it.

And I'm still amazed this thread is even active. The op wasn't even bashing the one at all and people still find a way to use this as justification to whine about the s4 and accuse everyone else of being payed by samsung. Get over yourselves

Sent from my Note 2

Agreed. I am very interested in buying the HTC One. I am much more intrigued by it than any other phone right now. However, I rely heavily on these forums when I need answers and all i'm seeing now in the HTC One forum, is every thread being turned into bashing of another device. That makes me very hesitant to get the One because if I end up needing help, I wont be able to find any here. All I will find is a ton of negativity about some other device that people feel threatened by for some stupid reason.

This thread is the perfect example. A guy posts something that some might be interested in knowing before buying a black One, and he gets absolutely nailed to the wall because people see "Samsung" in his signature. The same people are saying that he should have used a case, AND that the finished product wont have this cheap finish. People fall all over themselves trying everything they can think of to reject the possibility that their device of choice isn't perfect, that they end up contradicting themselves. Maybe i'm not as smart or worth as much because I don't currently own the HTC One, but this is mindblowing.

TheBiggestLie

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I've had the black one naked for a week now and it's still flawless. That despite finding a couple of coins in the same pocket -_- I expect in a couple of years time it will be like my iPhone 4, minor scratch marks everywhere but to really noticeable. I can live with that. From my experience I have to say, the OP must've put theirs through the ringer

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
First question: why was she throwing it in the purse if she knew keys were in there that would scratch it?

Second question: If she knew that it would be thrown in said purse, with said keys, why wouldn't she buy a case?

Third question: see the first two questions.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Lol @ the first question
I agree with the second one though, as she should have gotten a case

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
It's a demo phone. Her husband is a manager at sprint. It even had some kind of silver stickers on the back with a bar code and a bunch of numbers.

Hey everybody, the OP did come back and say it was a DEMO PHONE. I guess people don't read all the posts before commenting.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's a demo phone. Her husband is a manager at sprint. It even had some kind of silver stickers on the back with a bar code and a bunch of numbers.
this is where this thread should have ended point blank........those other 2 pages was a waste of space

apalm8

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Makes you scratch your head when they charge $500-$600 fop these devices off contract and this is the kind of build quality that they put out...smh

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Or... Read the Op and you'll see this is a display phone thats been abused. Its not indicative of anything.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
@Moderators: Can you please shut this thread down? It is degenerating into another S4 vs ONE flaming war again. Nothing of value has been generated from this thread so far.

Really? This is a thread regarding build quality of the black htc one and most arguments are regarding a phone that was abused as a floor model and how that could be compared to actual use of a phone only used or touched by one person. Not sure where any of this thread was related to the s4