Which browser is better? HTC Default or Chrome?

Thanan

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have thoughts on which one is better to use? I know chrome can sync all your google bookmarks, which is nice.......but i haven't found much fault in the default browser so far.

Just wondering if anyone's noticed any significant differences between the two.

bgeorger

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I prefer Chrome just because it syncs pages and bookmarks across devices. The stock browser is pretty good as well, but not for me.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use Chrome. Not a fan of the AT&T browser bar in the stock (even though I turned it off, knowing its there at all angers me), and I'm not super into Flash being supported (see comment about browser bar).

I actually use the Chrome Beta version exclusively.

highertechnology

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I prefer chrome as well since I use it at home and the accross device sync is great for me.

I couldnt stand that pop up thing in the bottom of the stock browser.

aaronlam54

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the DE version so don't have any AT&T stuff on the browser. The default browser I feel is faster. Chrome seemed a bit laggy... also I can't move around the page after I zoomed in on it. Not sure if there is something I am doing wrong.

The default browser can sync with Google Bookmarks but I supposed you can load the page you had up on your computer.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have thoughts on which one is better to use? I know chrome can sync all your google bookmarks, which is nice.......but i haven't found much fault in the default browser so far.

Just wondering if anyone's noticed any significant differences between the two.

I went to adobe.com archives downloaded flash player cause many sites still haven't updated to the html5. Chrome doesn't support flash so I use the stock browser for my flash sites and chrome for everything else....Don't know if that helps...

Sent from my HTC ONE using Android Central Forums

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been using stock on mine...so far I am finding it faster than Chrome. Have not seen the toolbar other people are talking about on my T-Mo US version.

Posted from my HTC One via Android Central App

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Firefox, it syncs with ALL my desktops, and not just bookmarks, but also history and open tabs, so I can move tabs from device to device at will. Also, without ads it's a lot faster because a lot of ad servers are terribly slow or non-responsive slowing the page down. And lastly, I can expect some modicum of privacy protection using Firefox, hard to do with an advertiser building your browser.

XavierMatt

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Stock browser, why? because it's much much faster than chrome and has flash (can be enabled though settings).

This. The stock HTC Browser which I believe is almost an exact replication of Androids Native browser is the best browser I've used on a phone. I have not tried Chrome on the One because it lags like it does on every other phone. I don't care how many cores you throw at it.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca