Nova Launcher over Sense 5? Complete Noob Question

beiting

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I'm not hating on Sense 5...I think it's pretty nice, especially coming from iOS -- but I'm wondering about these launchers, namely Nova.

I know you can get a pretty stock look/feel to the phone and do a bunch of other crazy customization -- what I'm wondering is if it gives you better performance? Or if it uses less resources? Not that my phone is slow, far from it -- just wondering what the benefits are of doing it.

Sorry for all the stupid questions, my mind is still blow from moving to Android.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I'm not hating on Sense 5...I think it's pretty nice, especially coming from iOS -- but I'm wondering about these launchers, namely Nova.

I know you can get a pretty stock look/feel to the phone and do a bunch of other crazy customization -- what I'm wondering is if it gives you better performance? Or if it uses less resources? Not that my phone is slow, far from it -- just wondering what the benefits are of doing it.

Sorry for all the stupid questions, my mind is still blow from moving to Android.

I don't think there is much performance difference. It is basically just replacing the stock launcher with a different launcher. The stock launcher is kind of locked down on what you can do, but I don't think it was done this way for performance purposes so much as simplification and standardization of the UI.

The alternate launcher just provide more options.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Android coming from an iPhone 4s. I liked Sense, but didn't love it. I'm really liking Nova. Much more customization available.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've used nova on all my android phones and love it. I don't have the HTC One but I could still imagine it being nice.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

stevedebi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

I'm using Apex. Really great.

Eleetsole

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
First thing I did right when I turn on my new HTC one was installing NOVA, it's so much better... With the gestures app open and more customization..

I also prefer SwiftKey app it's the best keyboard

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacoxixon