Facebook bugs - "Authorize HTC Sense"

Asgen

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
OK while not ideal, this solution will at least get rid of the annoying notification:

Go to settings
Apps
All
Facebook for HTC sense
Uncheck the show notifications button at the top

For people like me that use a third party launcher and don't bother with blink feed/sense, this solution will at least clean up notification bar until a real fix is found.

Corey Hunt

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
There is no getting rid of it apparently. I even went through a whole support ticket with HTC. They have great support, by the way. They were just unable to get a fix. I was to,d to wait for new software revs from both FB and HTC. In the mean time I have turned off notifications as Asgen suggested and I turn them on again after an update. Then back off again when I get the error.

penegue

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
There is no getting rid of it apparently. I even went through a whole support ticket with HTC. They have great support, by the way. They were just unable to get a fix. I was to,d to wait for new software revs from both FB and HTC. In the mean time I have turned off notifications as Asgen suggested and I turn them on again after an update. Then back off again when I get the error.

This.

:-\

kaz4dav

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem also, dont usually use forums but it annoyed me that much! I had 2 download adobe air & fixed it 4 me. Hope this helps

ymummy

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Fingers crossed this may work for you, long list but I tried a few things. Update Facebook apps on all the devices you use. Add events calander app on Facebook to your user profile, you will be asked to allow platform app updates. Open error message on phone and try again. Message should disappear then go to Facebook sync, and sync all 3. In my case even thou I didn't have syn calender ticked, htc sence was still looking for it.

PillowMetal

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried every solution to this problem I could find in a google search, and what finally worked for me was to simply log into Facebook on the PC and change my password! I had also removed HTC Sense from the approved app list, and cleared the data from my phone's Facebook app and forced stopped it.

Once I did this, I just ran the facebook app on the phone which ran me through the regular login and authorization access screens, but this time the authorization failed notification never appeared!

Hope this helps someone.

EDIT: Although the notification error does not appear, the calendar sync for Facebook is still broken, and posts still do not appear in BlinkFeed.

Last edited:

MrB50TX

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Received HTC One on Wednesday. Ran into same issue with the Authorization Problem for HTC Sense that others are talking about here. Read through many different possible solutions: Password change, removing app/data, removing app permission from FB and re-enabling, factory reset, and even called HTC support. At this point nothing has resolved this error. Yes, I can uncheck the "Show Notifications" under FB for HTC Sense, but I would like to make a judgment on what apps and settings I want running or not before fully dismissing them. HTC Support advised me to check back in one week to see if anything changes. Don?t get me wrong, they tried their best and were very kind. But as they said, they used every resource with me on the phone to resolve my issue. At this time issue is ongoing.

Now it?s possible I do not need FB for HTC Sense running on my phone. I guess the question becomes, what do I lose? Do I lose automated integration between my phone and FB? Does everything now have to be done manually? Like link my contacts with FB contacts, export FB birthdays and import to Google calendar, and I havent even dove into BlinkFeed and Gallery to see what I might be missing here.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Anybody had any joy fixing this issue? I've tried all of the suggestions on this thread with no success. I've currently switched off notifications for "Facebook for HTC Sense" which is fine but having it work properly would be even better.

MrB50TX

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I've still got an open email string with HTC regarding this issue. Once resolved I'll be more than happy to post the fix. I will post one possible fix they gave me that might help some, didn't resolve for me though.

In order to troubleshoot the authentication problem, please follow the steps listed below in the proposed order. They will clear out the conflicts with the FB app in your phone:

1. Remove your Facebook account from the device.
2. Clear data on both Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense apps: On your phone's menu, tap Settings > Apps > Swipe to All and scroll to Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense > tap on each one and select Clear Data.
3. Wipe the Cache partition of your phone. This removes temporary data used to install the applications along with temporary files that might cause conflict. Here are the steps:
- Power off the device. Please select Power off instead of Restart.
- Press and Hold Volume Down while your device is off.
- Briefly tap the Power button until Hboot appears.(White screen with three android characters)
- Tap Volume Down to highlight Recovery.
- Tap the Power button.
- When you see a screen with a red triangle and an exclamation point hold Volume Up.
- Tap Power this will bring up the hidden recovery menu.
- Tap Volume Down to highlight "Wipe cache Partition". When selected, tap Power.
- Once "reboot system now" appears, tap Power.
4. On your PC/laptop, Log-in to Facebook and remove HTC Sense from the Apps list: select Settings (little pad-lock symbols), click on more settings > Apps > locate HTC Sense in list and click ?x? to remove.
5. Add your Facebook account on the phone through the Facebook app.

janelk

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Facebook bugs - "Authorize HTC Sense"

I am trying the advice, but cannot get phone to respond to quick touch to power on while holding volume down key. Phone either stays off or powers up like normal. Any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

I am trying the advice, but cannot get phone to respond to quick touch to Power on while holding Volume Down key. Phone either stays off or powers up like normal. Any ideas?

janelk

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Facebook bugs - "Authorize HTC Sense"

So..............I rang HTC about this problem after trying everything that everyone suggested........ they talked me through a "fix" that included getting an IMEI number off my phone (I don't even know what that means...........), and so far so good!:cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463