show wifi + 2G/3G etc..

afgzee

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
so the signal icons on the top, when wifi is on the 3g, H etc.. icon goes, when you switch wifi off it comes back. is there any way to have them both showing at the same time?

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
People really really really need to post their location and carrier with questions like this.

Don't know about you, but mine always shows. Does this matter to you? I guess you'd have to know what carrier I have.

afgzee

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
People really really really need to post their location and carrier with questions like this.

Don't know about you, but mine is always shows. Does this matter to you? I guess you'd have to know what carrier I have.

Sorry, just began posting on Android Central, i'll update all the information shortly.

my location is England and my carrier is Three.

(Actually my current carrier is Virgin Mobile, will be Three in about 2 days)

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, just began posting on Android Central, i'll update all the information shortly.

my location is England and my carrier is Three.

(Actually my current carrier is Virgin Mobile, will be Three in about 2 days)

meh, you won't be the last. That's why I just put it in my sig, so I don't have to worry if I forget :)

Your situation my change in a couple days then I would guess. Like I said, 4G or 4GLTE is always on for my phone.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
so the signal icons on the top, when wifi is on the 3g, H etc.. icon goes, when you switch wifi off it comes back. is there any way to have them both showing at the same time?

Both of mine show at the same time. In my settings both wifi and data are on.

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I wonder what could be wrong with mine then. both data and wifi are switched on...
Depends on your carrier....with Sprint when you connect to wifi your mobile radio goes off thus your 3g/4g goes away...on Sprint you can't be connected to both at the same time

afgzee

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I had a feeling it had something to do with that. Since im on Virgin PAYG and haven't topped up yet, there is no data to use, didn't top up as im waiting to be connected to Three which should be completed tomorrow or the next day, I'll give it a go when im connected to Three!

stevedebi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Same with T-Mobile here in the US. I suspect the phone is actually turning off the mobile modem, since you already have a WiFi connection to the internet, and the modem uses battery power.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
As far as I can tell it's a battery saving measure. The cell radios should turn off if you are connected to wifi to reduce power consumption. The past four phones I've had (I get a new phone every year almost so, 4 years) have turned off the cell radios when connected to wifi.

Edit :I'm not sure if turned off is quite right. The icon goes away at any rate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC