GCal sync issues....

HTC_Rookie

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, I am new to the adroid community, I recently dropped my Iphone to get this new amazing HTC One, so far there has been some growing pains, but overall i love this phone. One thing that is driving me crazy is an issue i'm having with my calendar. When i make a new event on my computer in Google Calendar (which i do all the time for work) and I go to update the event on my phone, the time zone on my phone is set to GMT+0:00 and the start and end times are all out of whack. Also, when i do make the change (or create a new event from my phone) it asks me if i want to notify the administrator of these changes and takes me to a e-mail page... i can not figure out how to fix these settings and it's driving me insane. I need help.

thanks!

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I am new to the adroid community, I recently dropped my Iphone to get this new amazing HTC One, so far there has been some growing pains, but overall i love this phone. One thing that is driving me crazy is an issue i'm having with my calendar. When i make a new event on my computer in Google Calendar (which i do all the time for work) and I go to update the event on my phone, the time zone on my phone is set to GMT+0:00 and the start and end times are all out of whack. Also, when i do make the change (or create a new event from my phone) it asks me if i want to notify the administrator of these changes and takes me to a e-mail page... i can not figure out how to fix these settings and it's driving me insane. I need help.

thanks!

Is the time zone set to +0GMT elsewhere on the phone?

Are you using the google calendar app or the htc calendar app?

Do you have a second time zone set in any of the calendars (online/google/htc)?

Have you set second time zone to None?

Just brainstorming.

HTC_Rookie

May 2, 2013
Visit site
If i go to settings > Date & Time, it's set to automatic time zone, and it shows pacific standard greyed out at the bottom.

I'm using the calendar that came on the phone, I haven't downloaded another calendar... I wonder if that will fix it, is there a google calendar in the play store?
I have the second time zone in the calendar set to "none"

....?

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
If i go to settings > Date & Time, it's set to automatic time zone, and it shows pacific standard greyed out at the bottom.

I'm using the calendar that came on the phone, I haven't downloaded another calendar... I wonder if that will fix it, is there a google calendar in the play store?
I have the second time zone in the calendar set to "none"

....?

You didn't answer if you online calendar has a second time zone enabled, or if time is set to 0GMT on the phone.

If you checked all that, and you still have the problem, I would try the google calendar from the play store and see if that also has the issue.

Neither my htc version or the google calendar version is acting up, fwiw