Moved to HTC One from iphone. now a few questions..

yourdrugrep

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
my apologies if there is a thread for this. yes, i am a newbie..but, i have a few questions..
-how can i get my icloud calendar to sync? i have researched and it seems the caldav or whatever it is called will not work with the one
-can i set up the calendar to import my yahoo calendar? i have tried in vain to do this with no luck
-i was told that i could sync my itunes/icloud with the one, but am not sure how to do this. i am downloading my music to music manager and hope this is a remedy
-i have ringtones i would like to move over (they are mp3s as well as itunes that i have created). what is the easiest way to install them?
-any additional tips and tricks would be appreciated
THANK YOU!!

aaronlam

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
1. SmoothSync Calendar and Contacts. Cost money but both work pretty well.
2. Not sure about Yahoo...
3. I am using Syncr. DoubleTwist doesn't work. Other option is to use Google Music Play.
4. Easiest way is to just drop them into media->audio->notifications. Then when you set them, use the file system to get them from there.

It's a hard learning curve but it's amazing how much you can do. I just got Lockscreen notifications working...

Change the icons or change the apps? Changing the apps you go into your app drawer and hold then drag the apps out of the dock. It'll leave a blank space. Drag something else to replace it. Lots of threads and videos on this.

20+ Tips and Tricks for the HTC One - YouTube

yourdrugrep

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
thank you. the htc sync manager was a pain, but it eventually moved my music over. and i sync'd google music. ringtones are next on the list of to do's. the calendar still eludes me, but i may give in to smoothsync. and figured out the app tray. thanks for your help

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
A good way to move your music is iSyncr from the play store

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Hush Martin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I somehow managed to get icloud calendar stuff from iCal to Google calendars. Then I just set up the calendar to sync to the one. I can't for the life of me remember how I did that, but if you Google it you'll figure it out like I did.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah Google Calendar is great. Try moving your data there. I know it's a pain to change platforms, but once you've got it in Google you'll probably never need to do it again. Google pretty much syncs with anything. I have mine feeding data to iCal on my Mac, feeding to the calendar app on my iPad, and feeding to my Android phone. All works pretty seamlessly.

Hush Martin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
OH!! I remember! Go to iCal and go to File, then export calendar. It's an .ics file. Export it. Then go to google calendars, in the settings, click import calendar, choose file, upload. DONE! Easy!

yourdrugrep

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
i will try that. for some odd reason, my icalendar for work (separate calendar) now is syncing. maybe it just took awhile to happen. now, on to the ringtones. i've yet to try to bring them over. i have music. so, im almost transferred

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007