11-08-2013 03:28 AM
62 123
tools
    Seems you need to have Android 4.2 if you want to use NiLS Notifications Lock Screen. I'm still stuck on AT&T 4.1.2.
    06-23-2013 06:43 PM
    Seems you need to have Android 4.2 if you want to use NiLS Notifications Lock Screen. I'm still stuck on AT&T 4.1.2.
    Need to install widget locker to make NiLS work on the lock screen.
    anon(4681724) likes this.
    06-24-2013 06:40 AM
    Does Widget locker still have th bug where you press the home button it will by pass your pin and just unlock the device?
    06-24-2013 07:06 AM
    Hey, how did you get your name on the side of the phone?
    ^THIS^
    06-25-2013 09:31 AM
    1. How did you put the clock in the top right hand corner? It lets you move it but I don't see a way to seperate it from the notifications.
    2. How did you display battery percentage?
    3. What weather widget is that?
    I believe the answer to all 3 of your questions is the Minimalist Text app. The notifications bar can be hidden with a 3rd party launcher app such as Nova Launcher.
    06-25-2013 09:42 AM
    What is the weather widget your using?
    06-25-2013 12:16 PM
    Try these two apps to get pop-up notifications on the lock screen.

Notify Pro and the add-in Notify Plus

You can customize which apps pop-up. The plus add-in opens it up to all apps not just the basic ones.

Works pretty well.
    06-25-2013 02:46 PM
    I had a few teething problems too... You need to edit widget locker, (tool mode) then long press on the screen, add widget, select nils widget and your good to go...

I increased the size of the widget to try and see more message etc.

This setup is good but I have 1 issue...

I would like to control what gets pulled into the nils widget.. At the minute everything gets shown on the lockscreen and it quickly fills up.

I had 4 weather updates from Google now today.. All stacked in a row. I would rather turn things like that off...

Anyone know how.? I just want emails and texts showing there..

Posted via Android Central App
    marky_yo likes this.
    06-25-2013 03:51 PM
    Hey Bill....agree!! I was enjoying that app notification, but it got really annoying, if I was in a text and shut the phone off, it would say swiftkey enabled, but first it was wifi available, etc...I dumped it for now until someone can provide another notification center app or tell me the way they set it up with out google now always updating the weather too!
    I still want that weather widget the OP had on his!!! NICE!! I can't find any nice weather widgets!! very annoying!
    06-26-2013 08:54 AM
    Can anyone chime in about he home button with a pin? Does it still by pass the pin number when unlocking the phone?
    06-26-2013 09:18 AM
    I had a few teething problems too... You need to edit widget locker, (tool mode) then long press on the screen, add widget, select nils widget and your good to go...

I increased the size of the widget to try and see more message etc.

This setup is good but I have 1 issue...

I would like to control what gets pulled into the nils widget.. At the minute everything gets shown on the lockscreen and it quickly fills up.

I had 4 weather updates from Google now today.. All stacked in a row. I would rather turn things like that off...

Anyone know how.? I just want emails and texts showing there..

The NIL widget can be customized to show selected notifications. When a notification shows up on the widget touch the notification icon. A menu shows up, click the "wrench" for settings. A lot can be customized there. You can exclude it all together or just show the last notice. I'm still playing with it so I'm still learning everything it can do.

Liking it so far!

Scott
    06-26-2013 09:36 AM
    Can anyone chime in about he home button with a pin? Does it still by pass the pin number when unlocking the phone?
    I'm using it and I still have to use my pin to get to the home screen once it times out. I guess they have fixed that bug.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    06-26-2013 12:25 PM
    I'm using it and I still have to use my pin to get to the home screen once it times out. I guess they have fixed that bug.
    Thank you very much Gunrack! Time to go buy the app!
    06-26-2013 01:47 PM
    Oops! Maybe not so fast!! I've been away from my phone for well past the timeout for the passcode to engage and I get right in to the home screen when I unlock. So, it has prompted me for my passcode before, I just don't think it does consistently. I'm not sure what the steps are that will replicate the need to enter the passcode but I'm sure it is allowing me to bypass it more times than not.
    06-26-2013 03:17 PM
    I have this same issue, it doesn't always prompt me to enter the password, even after the specified 3 minutes have elapsed. It's quite annoying.

With respect to getting multiple notifications for, say, Google Play updates, just hit the wrench as someone says, and you have "App Specific Settings" where you can specify that when there are multiple notifications, just display the last one.

I use a mix of these; for texts I show all, for WhatsApp I show the last one, etc.
    06-26-2013 03:34 PM
    floating notification fits quite into the pix thou, wil nd to disable the talkback func(can be annoying) as the app requires it to run by default.
    06-27-2013 03:16 AM
    Need to install widget locker to make NiLS work on the lock screen.
    Thanks Gator352. Will look into it. I'll have to look into that home button issue now. Still trying to work my way around Android. Wish I could port the notification screen I had on my Iphone 4. Eventually jailbroke it too and really able to customize each screen to handle SMS, Twitter, FB, etc.
    06-27-2013 09:28 AM
    Your setup for your lock screen looks amazing! Do you think you could enlighten us as to what theme's / setup's you used to make the message notification appear that way, as well as the clock / weather?
    07-31-2013 10:11 AM
    08-01-2013 10:11 PM
    I try all of this and Nils does not work on my phone i have an S3 Pleaseee help
    08-16-2013 08:24 AM
    running nils with widget locker and love it but can't figure out how to reduce the notifications to 2 lines as i see on your screen. nice looking dog. thanks......sherman
    09-22-2013 01:15 PM
    thanks for the tip.
    i know use on my htc one as follows:
    no lock screen per default from htc sense.
    customized with the nils lockscreen, and tell my mobile to wake up with "screen notification".

works like a charm.
    09-24-2013 09:42 AM
    Afternoon. Can you provide some details on exactly how you got yours to look like yours did.

I installed all those apps. I would really like to know how you got your time, weather and notifications to look as you did.

Thanks.
    09-24-2013 10:23 PM
    I've pretty much got this setup running..the only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to hide the NiLS clock. If anyone knows how to do that I'd be grateful...

*Edit* I figured it out...
    09-29-2013 01:52 PM
    I use an app called Screen Notifications. All I wanted was for the screen to wake when I get a new notification so I don't have to pick up the phone and check it all the time. Works great for me!

09-29-2013 02:05 PM
62 123