11-08-2013 03:28 AM
62 123
tools
    This thread was a tremendous help. I was beginning to get frustrated with the lack of flexibility in the standard lockscreen widget customization for the One. But looking into many of the apps mentioned here, I finally have a pretty excellent lock screen notifications setup. So, thanks all! I'd still love to have a lock screen widget like the Business Calendar one for the home screen, that shows google calendar and gtasks entries; but I'll count my blessings and call it a night.
    10-09-2013 11:20 PM
    Spoke too soon - got the complete setup I wanted! Thanks again to all the great ideas!
    10-09-2013 11:27 PM
    ET1078, which weather and clock widget/s are you using???

I've pretty much got this setup running..the only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to hide the NiLS clock. If anyone knows how to do that I'd be grateful...

*Edit* I figured it out...
    10-16-2013 04:26 AM
    I have tried a few notification apps but LockerPro free works best for me.
    Screen wakes up on every notification and you can slide left to clear notifications and slide right to open the respective app (e.g. whatsapp, FB, messaging. etc.)
    It is very customisable as well, although, a few features such as notification badges are available only in the paid version.
    10-16-2013 06:01 PM
    Lockscreen Notification - SOLUTION-screenshot_2013-10-16-21-07-36.jpg
    So... like me... lots of Apple converts here recently. I've got just about any feature I missed from the iPhone on my One now. The one thing was those great Lockscreen Notifications. But after some much fiddling and $10 wasted... I think I got a solution. Still waiting to test it out at work but thought I'd post.

Basically... running:
    WidgetLocker - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...w.widgetlocker
    NiLS Notifications Lock Screen - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icationswidget
    Phantom Music Control - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ccontrolwidget

Much fiddling but could get me the results below. Screen comes on when a new alert comes in. Doesn't quite stack like the iPhone but good enough for a visual alert of incoming email.

And yes... that is my dog
    Native in 4.3
    10-16-2013 08:12 PM
    Hi, I downloaded those apps, but much fiddling on my part hasn't gotten me anywhere. Could you please share the steps on how to achieve the same result as yours? Thanks in advance!
    10-19-2013 01:04 AM
    Hi could you pls share the steps on how to achieve the same results? I downloaded the apps too but still cant get the notifications from Nils to pop up on my lockscreen.
    10-19-2013 01:07 AM
    Hi Guys,

I've moved from an iPhone to the new Nexus 5 and this was one of the only things I really missed from it; lockscreen notifications!

I use DashClock and it's associated add-ons, works a treat!

Lockscreen Notification - SOLUTION-dashclock1.jpg
    Lockscreen Notification - SOLUTION-dashclock2.jpg

Loving the phone (although camera a bit slow) and enjoying Android so far!
    11-07-2013 10:44 AM
    I have tried a few notification apps but LockerPro free works best for me.
    Screen wakes up on every notification and you can slide left to clear notifications and slide right to open the respective app (e.g. whatsapp, FB, messaging. etc.)
    It is very customisable as well, although, a few features such as notification badges are available only in the paid version.
    Does LockerPro drain the battery more than normal or is it about the same?
    11-07-2013 06:08 PM
    Does LockerPro drain the battery more than normal or is it about the same?
    I'm glad you asked. LockerPro doesn't drain the battery much but after a few days of use, I noticed that it was using up to 600mb of RAM!

I have since uninstalled it and I'm using Notify Me! which works very well.
    11-07-2013 07:21 PM
    I'm glad you asked. LockerPro doesn't drain the battery much but after a few days of use, I noticed that it was using up to 600mb of RAM!

I have since uninstalled it and I'm using Notify Me! which works very well.
    Hmmm how do you like Notify Me!? Is it better?
    11-07-2013 07:55 PM
    Hmmm how do you like Notify Me!? Is it better?
    It serves the purpose of notifying on lock screen and uses about 10% RAM of what LockerPro did. If LockerPro consumed less RAM, it would be my first choice. Otherwise, it's Notify Me!
    11-08-2013 03:28 AM
62 123