Lockscreen Notification - SOLUTION

Seggzy

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
"Productivity" is a misnomer here. It's incredibly limited in what it will actually display.

I solved this problem by getting Executive Assistant+. It does almost exactly what Lockinfo did on my jailbroked iPhone, but it's slightly easier to configure. With this app in place I finally have a functional lock screen and can cross off another item that my old phone had that my One doesn't. It was the last major item on that list.

I would love to see a features list between iPhone and the One. Both sides of it. I value your opinion. maybe start a new thread. Thanks in advance if you do it.

edit: HA nevermind. i see you already did lol

AgFox

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey how did you hide the drop down notifications bar on the lockscreen? I read somewhere that if you have a password to unlock that it hides it, but I still have the drop down on the lock screen

siksik6

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
This. Is. Brilliant. One of my major issues with Android is the lack of 'proper' lock screen notifications. Solved by the best thing about Android. It can do pretty much anything!

Thanks OP

Toan Nguyen

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Can you show us the setup? I downloaded all 3 apps but don't know how to get notifications like yours on lock screen.... "no notification at all"

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Does Widget locker still have th bug where you press the home button it will by pass your pin and just unlock the device?

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
1. How did you put the clock in the top right hand corner? It lets you move it but I don't see a way to seperate it from the notifications.
2. How did you display battery percentage?
3. What weather widget is that?

I believe the answer to all 3 of your questions is the Minimalist Text app. The notifications bar can be hidden with a 3rd party launcher app such as Nova Launcher.

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Try these two apps to get pop-up notifications on the lock screen.

Notify Pro and the add-in Notify Plus

You can customize which apps pop-up. The plus add-in opens it up to all apps not just the basic ones.

Works pretty well.

Bigbill01

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I had a few teething problems too... You need to edit widget locker, (tool mode) then long press on the screen, add widget, select nils widget and your good to go...

I increased the size of the widget to try and see more message etc.

This setup is good but I have 1 issue...

I would like to control what gets pulled into the nils widget.. At the minute everything gets shown on the lockscreen and it quickly fills up.

I had 4 weather updates from Google now today.. All stacked in a row. I would rather turn things like that off...

Anyone know how.? I just want emails and texts showing there..

Posted via Android Central App

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey Bill....agree!! I was enjoying that app notification, but it got really annoying, if I was in a text and shut the phone off, it would say swiftkey enabled, but first it was wifi available, etc...I dumped it for now until someone can provide another notification center app or tell me the way they set it up with out google now always updating the weather too!
I still want that weather widget the OP had on his!!! NICE!! I can't find any nice weather widgets!! very annoying!

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I had a few teething problems too... You need to edit widget locker, (tool mode) then long press on the screen, add widget, select nils widget and your good to go...

I increased the size of the widget to try and see more message etc.

This setup is good but I have 1 issue...

I would like to control what gets pulled into the nils widget.. At the minute everything gets shown on the lockscreen and it quickly fills up.

I had 4 weather updates from Google now today.. All stacked in a row. I would rather turn things like that off...

Anyone know how.? I just want emails and texts showing there..

Posted via Android Central App

The NIL widget can be customized to show selected notifications. When a notification shows up on the widget touch the notification icon. A menu shows up, click the "wrench" for settings. A lot can be customized there. You can exclude it all together or just show the last notice. I'm still playing with it so I'm still learning everything it can do.

Liking it so far!

Scott

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Oops! Maybe not so fast!! I've been away from my phone for well past the timeout for the passcode to engage and I get right in to the home screen when I unlock. So, it has prompted me for my passcode before, I just don't think it does consistently. I'm not sure what the steps are that will replicate the need to enter the passcode but I'm sure it is allowing me to bypass it more times than not.

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have this same issue, it doesn't always prompt me to enter the password, even after the specified 3 minutes have elapsed. It's quite annoying.

With respect to getting multiple notifications for, say, Google Play updates, just hit the wrench as someone says, and you have "App Specific Settings" where you can specify that when there are multiple notifications, just display the last one.

I use a mix of these; for texts I show all, for WhatsApp I show the last one, etc.